IGNORED

Questions For The Holy Believers Of The Cotterill Cult

Rich_s

So, you now have your new messiah. I'm curious:

- Will you be donning lashings of hair gel for matches.  I feel a new look coming on for the Ashton Gate faithful.

- How long realistically will you give your new man if the wins don't come, March?

- What will you think if we lose at Tamworth. Will you quickly dispense of the hair gel look and move to a more coiffured barnet?

Realistically, how long does he have? If we are still in the relegation zone in March, what happens then?

If only I had the hair to gel.  I am flattered though that you borrowed my thread title from the other day.

Sorry mate. Didn't read it. Too much noise on here over the last few days and not been visiting much.

EDIT: Doh. Yes I did steal it. Didn't realise you were the OP of that. 

- Will you be donning lashings of hair gel for matches.  I feel a new look coming on for the Ashton Gate faithful.

- How long realistically will you give your new man if the wins don't come, March?

- What will you think if we lose at Tamworth. Will you quickly dispense of the hair gel look and move to a more coiffured barnet?

Realistically, how long does he have? If we are still in the relegation zone in March, what happens then?

Well he won't be sacked after 2 and a half months!

Not in the "cult" but considering the shite haul of points he's inherited from the 'coaching genius' then it would be churlish to say he would be entirely responsible if we went down. Whether he retains his job depends on how the team play; if it was a meek surrender (like last season under the 'coaching genius') then I'd not want his services retained.

Re: Tamworth. I'm no more or less optimistic now we've had a new manager for a few days then I would have been under SOD or Pemberton.

PS: Isn't hair wax now the thing, not gel?

Given the thread topis I'm guessing your not in the pro Cotterill camp.

Given we all want the club to be successful then I'd like to turn the table and ask

What will you think IF we win on Saturday and show progress up the table over the coming weeks?

Who are these people claiming to have a new messiah? Or are you confusing them with people simply willing to give him a fair chance before judging him?

Realistically, he should have a minimum of 10/11 months as per S'OD shouldn't he?

Given the thread topis I'm guessing your not in the pro Cotterill camp.

Given we all want the club to be successful then I'd like to turn the table and ask

What will you think IF we win on Saturday and show progress up the table over the coming weeks?

I'm neither in or out the Cotterill camp and have always said I will support the team regardless. I've never booed the team or the manager and never will. The topic was very tongue in cheek.

To answer your question I will be amazed if we win on Saturday, considering we're playing on Sunday.

Why is it that any fans wanting to be supportive of the club ( a clue is in the title of us being supporters) are branded "cult followers", "lovers" of said manager or now  or even now "holy believers"  (I.e. not really all there) of said managers by the more cynical and sceptical fans and  fans who are just downright hostile as far as anything the club tries to do these days.

By comparison, those self same cynical, sceptical and downright hostile fans are completely sane, rational, clear thinking and, most importantly, absolutely right  in their opinions about SL, Jon, the board, the manager , the players, team selection, tactics, and probably the price of bread, the way the economy should be run, whether the missus should wear a dress so short at her age, whether Tesco is better than Lidl, whether it is bread sauce or cranberry sauce with the Christmas turkey, or whatever. 

New chant for the east end - hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ding, hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hari, hari krishna, krishna hari , hari, hari.

I'm wearing my white robe and have shaved my head so really am a cult ( that's,  see you last Tuesday of course!)

Support the bl00dy club  and manager for goodness sake, and stop dragging it down even further.

P.S. Rich, just saw your later post saying the op was tongue in cheek. That as it maybe but what you say is actually the view of many . It was during SOD's reign and while many have an agenda, as far as the club and board are concerned, suspect it will remain that way. Anyway back to my meditation and inner peace hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This cultism isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Why is it that any fans wanting to be supportive of the club ( a clue is in the title of us being supporters) are branded "cult followers", "lovers" of said manager or now  or even now "holy believers"  (I.e. not really all there) of said managers by the more cynical and sceptical fans and  fans who are just downright hostile as far as anything the club tries to do these days.

By comparison, those self same cynical, sceptical and downright hostile fans are completely sane, rational, clear thinking and, most importantly, absolutely right  in their opinions about SL, Jon, the board, the manager , the players, team selection, tactics, and probably the price of bread, the way the economy should be run, whether the missus should wear a dress so short at her age, whether Tesco is better than Lidl, whether it is bread sauce or cranberry sauce with the Christmas turkey, or whatever. 

New chant for the east end - hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ding, hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hari, hari krishna, krishna hari , hari, hari.

I'm wearing my white robe and have shaved my head so really am a cult ( that's,  see you last Tuesday of course!)

Support the bl00dy club  and manager for goodness sake, and stop dragging it down even further.

P.S. Rich, just saw your later post saying the op was tongue in cheek. That as it maybe but what you say is actually the view of many . It was during SOD's reign and while many have an agenda, as far as the club and board are concerned, suspect it will remain that way. Anyway back to my meditation and inner peace hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This cultism isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Well said. I think branding people 'holly beleivers' is a bit much, I think people are hoping that results will be better than odriscolls more than anything! Irrespective of how it happened, he is hear now, so lets give him and the team our full support. Were going to need it!

There is a big difference here between the last messiah and the present messiah, it's called evidence, there was more than enough eye witness evidence and evidence of his record with us to show he was a false prophet, with the new messiah the evidence is virtually all anecdotal and a few untruths to muddy the water, how about let's just see eh, but I will make one prophesy we will win more than 2 games out of our next 18 games, how's that for a start.

Red Faction,

I've gone for a mix and match of Budism and cultism.

Budism, because of the chanting - might come handy on match day, but in a slightly more calm, tranquil and pacifist way than the east end faithful.

Chants like, "Your gonna get your 'kin head shaved in"  or " come and have a go if you think your calm enough"

Cultism for the group sex. although I'm worried by what you say - can I pick and choose from the menu or do you have to take the beaker of poison, guns and group suicide option as part of a job lot, or can I just opt for group sex on it's own?.

Red Faction,

I've gone for a mix and match of Budism and cultism.

Budism, because of the chanting - might come handy on match day, but in a slightly more calm, tranquil and pacifist way than the east end faithful.

Chants like, "Your gonna get your 'kin head shaved in" or " come and have a go if you think your calm enough"

Cultism for the group sex. although I'm worried by what you say - can I pick and choose from the menu or do you have to take the beaker of poison, guns and group suicide option as part of a job lot, or can I just opt for group sex on it's own?.

Well, I don't want to be claiming any sort of authority on the subject but, I think you can pretty much set your own rules. I think that's why they are so popular. I think as long as you have one of the sex, guns or poison you probably qualify as a cult and therefore you'll be ok. If you're primarily into chanting, football, robes and sex then I think you're onto a winner. I'll join! Is it weekly subs or would you rather sacrifices?

Archived