IGNORED

Jet Not Doing Enough Off The Ball?

Aizoon

Overall all season he hasn't done enough off the ball, and it's showed when results haven't gone our way. At times he has been a luxury we have scarcely been able to afford to carry.

BUT he always has in his locker what we saw today, and it's very hard to criticise him when he's scoring for fun!

I was pleased with his contribution defending the corners and throw ins today, he seemed to win everything, which is weird as when he is attacking he never wins a header!

When will people give this man the credit he deserves?  He contributes so much in so many ways. As a tall, bulky man myself he covers as much ground as anyone of his build.

I'd be interested to see the opta stats comparing him to Ryan Taylor for example.  He was miles above anyone else on the pitch today.  It was the easiest MOTM choice that anyone will choose all season.

although i have moaned at him myself for what i percieve being lazy at times and wondered if he was wasnt in the team would the team be better balanced, having said that he can be totally unplayable at times and i cant really see how you could leave him out of the team as we have no one else who can score goals out of nothing like him, Supersonic Jet

There have been games this season (Crewe springs to mind) when having him there has been like playing with a man short, literally offering nothing at all to the cause.

Today he was great, in a role that looks tailor-made for him. He showed that he is more than capable of doing all the stuff that he gets criticised for not doing, tackling back, defending corners, winning headers. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Can I suggest that people who think this spend five minutes just watching JET? Not necessarily live - a replay will do. You might change your minds.

He certainly worked much harder today than I have seen him on several occasions this season. A byproduct of his new role today? If so, keep playing him there, he worked very hard all game.

And yes I am one who has been critical of his performance recently. Not today though.

When will people give this man the credit he deserves?  He contributes so much in so many ways. As a tall, bulky man myself he covers as much ground as anyone of his build.

I'd be interested to see the opta stats comparing him to Ryan Taylor for example.  He was miles above anyone else on the pitch today.  It was the easiest MOTM choice that anyone will choose all season.

Let us be quite honest about it, he has been miles above anyone else on the pitch in the majority of games this season. He is clearly the best player in League One by some distance. It was heartening to hear Cotterill say he wants to build the team around him.

I thought this too Aizoon. After today's game, I'm convinced that JET could easily handle playing centre midfield - he did plenty enough. It just goes to show that people saying he's lazy have no idea what they're talking about, suddenly under SC, JET demonstrates attributes that we've not yet seen this season.

The role seemed to fit him perfectly yesterday although he was put up front at 60 mins as his stamina was dwindling by this point . Was a gd assist for the 2nd ball.even if their defender slipped .

Im not so convinced that we could get away with him playing this role in league games but will happily be proven wrong .

Archived