IGNORED

Goal Line Technology

wayne allisons tongues

After todays debate of whether the ball crossed the line or not was thinking. With goal line technology this season starting in the premier league at great expense, was wondering if anyone knew what happened when a team got relegated.

Do they keep it but turn it off or still use it in the championship or whatever league there in. This could be good or bad for teams who dont have it I guess or is it a level playing field for everyone.

After todays debate of whether the ball crossed the line or not was thinking. With goal line technology this season starting in the premier league at great expense, was wondering if anyone knew what happened when a team got relegated.

Do they keep it but turn it off or still use it in the championship or whatever league there in. This could be good or bad for teams who dont have it I guess or is it a level playing field for everyone.

Say No to goal line technology.

To me, football is a game based on passion and pride. And it's highs and lows debated in lounges, Bars and Snugs the length and breadth of this country.

Try telling anyone that, no sign of any foul until the ref realised he had made a total c0ck up

Except that the referees assistant had his flag up for a foul before the ball crossed the line, the resulting free kick was from where the linesman indicated and was taken by the defender (Carey I think) without any hesitation. The one person never asked to voice their opinion on this was the referee, controversy makes for better tv.

It'll be a league policy, otherwise it's not fair. They won't be using it in the FA Cup unless they can roll it out for a whole round. Maybe they'll use it in the final. Sure someone will know.

The FA stated at the start of the season that any stadium with it installed will use it whenever they play at that stadium, no matter what competition. So when the  prem teams comes in in the 3rd round it WILL be in use.

Clarke Carlisle said it was another reason why it should be implemented across the board - if anything it's a reason why it shouldn't be implemented at any level

It's an expense lower, non-league and semi pro teams cannot afford and only answers one question about referees and officials making mistakes. Because of the vast number of clubs that are involved in competitions throughout our country it would not be financially possible to get it into every ground competing in the FA Cup.

As an aside, I thought that linesman had a cracking game, he kept Tamworth in it with a couple of those calls!

Clarke Carlisle said it was another reason why it should be implemented across the board - if anything it's a reason why it shouldn't be implemented at any level

It's an expense lower, non-league and semi pro teams cannot afford and only answers one question about referees and officials making mistakes. Because of the vast number of clubs that are involved in competitions throughout our country it would not be financially possible to get it into every ground competing in the FA Cup.

As an aside, I thought that linesman had a cracking game, he kept Tamworth in it with a couple of those calls!

Same linesman who gave their player onside when he looked to be 2 yards offside??

Luckily the player gave a good indication of why he's plying his trade in the conference.

What gets me is that the Ball did not look to have fully crossed the line in numerous replays yet when ITV showed their graphic of the "goal" the entire ball seemed over the line. How reliable is this technology? P.s massively agree with arpaul.

Say No to goal line technology.

To me, football is a game based on passion and pride. And it's highs and lows debated in lounges, Bars and Snugs the length and breadth of this country.

I agree ,this is how football was ,now it is about Money, big business ,tv and the betting trade as we see advertised on t v

What gets me is that the Ball did not look to have fully crossed the line in numerous replays yet when ITV showed their graphic of the "goal" the entire ball seemed over the line. How reliable is this technology? P.s massively agree with arpaul.

Sorry to disagree with you but I thought their 'graphic' showed exactly the opposite. The whole of the ball was clearly not over the line 'when viewed from above.'

Archived