IGNORED

Atmosphere Yesterday

Phileas Fogg

The Tamworth fans were very quiet ,thought that with them at home and a possible giant killing ( well we are to them ) that they would have made it hell for us .Could hardly hear them at all ,think the Mic,s were nearer to them as could hear them more when watched later .City fans made quite a bit of noise not loads but enough to get behind the team .Get the feeling they dont have the most passionate fans and most of them just day visitors anyway.

The Tamworth fans were very quiet ,thought that with them at home and a possible giant killing ( well we are to them ) that they would have made it hell for us .Could hardly hear them at all ,think the Mic,s were nearer to them as could hear them more when watched later .City fans made quite a bit of noise not loads but enough to get behind the team .Get the feeling they dont have the most passionate fans and most of them just day visitors anyway.

Most of them Birmingham fans, you hear that cheer when Aston villas result was called out over the tannoy?

Most of them Birmingham fans, you hear that cheer when Aston villas result was called out over the tannoy?

I thought they were mostly Villa tbh - thought they were singing Sh*t on the Wolves, more likely to be the Borough (Nuneaton) but it wasn't Villa as Blues fans would almost definitley have been singing given the chance!

It was difficult to get anything going as we were so spread out, terracing was only about 6 steps back. Most of the Tamworth songs were coming from right under the commentary gantry.

On another point, I couldn't believe how poor the floodlights were. Conference standard? They've got better at Brislington!

Tamworth fans made themselves heard on TV throughout, no doubt the positioning of the microphones were in their favour.

I didn't hear the City fans and but for the flags and the visible celebrations behind the goal for Baldock's goal would hardly have known they were there.

They WERE there though and well done to them for that - I'm sure the players appreciated their presence in the ground and were more aware of them than us watching at home.

Didn't help perhaps that both sets of fans were in red, TV concentrated on showing Tamworth fans, and there was clearly no sound enhancer near our fans.

I was there and the Mic's were clearly placed to make it sound like an intimidating non league ground to the tv audience, which it really wasn't.

I was expecting it to be horrible, but as already mentioned, it was full of day visitors really and only a group of about 20 in their end, right below the gantry that you could see jumping around, although not really hear much from.

Our support was ok, but it's a shame that some are so stupid as not to realise that "come on you reds..." is not appropriate when wearing black and playing against a team in red! me and those around be were cringing with embarrasment most of the time. In fact, most of what you could here on tv could well have been out fans wrongly "supporting" them!

Not sure if was City or Tamworth, but was funny to hear a rousing chorus of "Adrian Chiles, what a wanchor" as the closing credits were rolling

Oh, I thought that they were singing a complementary song regarding Adrian's role as the programmes main presenter: " Adrian Chiless, what an anchor, what an anchor" ;)

Not sure if was City or Tamworth, but was funny to hear a rousing chorus of "Adrian Chiles, what a wanchor" as the closing credits were rolling

Chiles raised his voice in a forlorn attempt to drown the chant out.

Cotterill, Carlisle and Allen seemed to enjoy it - all 3 had huge smirks on their faces.

The chanters also called for a wave from SC, to which he twice fairly bashfully obliged, so surely must have been City fans.

The away end prohibited any sort of atmosphere being produced. There was little to no roof and we were stacked as shallow as our title hopes.

P.s. I'll give up my 'credit' for travelling as I live in the East Midlands and it was only a short hop for me.

I thought It was okay from the city fans, as above the noise didn't really carry due to lack of the roof, and tamworth had their 'singers' right under where the main tv camera was. The second half most of the noise went in the direction of their keeper, he was getting dogs abuse, he took it in good spirits though!

I thought It was okay from the city fans, as above the noise didn't really carry due to lack of the roof, and tamworth had their 'singers' right under where the main tv camera was. The second half most of the noise went in the direction of their keeper, he was getting dogs abuse, he took it in good spirits though!

Ye he did get loads of abuse ,mostly due to the fact that he was slightly rotund ,well for a sportsman anyway .Did anyone else think he ran like a girl? very strange for such a big guy. 

Some of the things said to him were hilarious. You could see him smirking everytime. Fair shout to him, he didn't react.

I felt the Tamworth fans weren't actually too bad, considering they only knew one or two songs. It did seem like a lot of day trippers but still felt they made a decent noise.

As others have said we were spread too thin across the width of the pitch.

I was stood just to the left of the goal as you look down the pitch and you could hear different songs, at different speeds being sung by either end- when we did get the whole stand singing in unison it was pretty loud. 

"Belforts mum has a cock" only one thrown at him but he took it pretty well.. Was a fun day. Even when a neanderthal inbred took a swing at me after.. Hits like a girl but didn't fancy a ban so smiled, laughed n walked on

Wasn't that inbred looking nobber with the lumberjack shirt on to our left was it?  About half a dozen of them spent more time trying to wind us up than they did watching the game - wouldn't be surprised if they were out looking for innocents to smack afterwards.  Particularly given that their leader main nobber had been nicked before kick-off for what appeared to be the offence of eating a burger with intent, and not clapping Mandela, ha ha!!

Archived