IGNORED

Ian Holloway - Take Note

TinnionForEngland

I think the point is that Hollowhead couldn't take the 'banter' handed out by one particular fan behind the dugout at an away match, and the sensitve skeletal chump insisted the home club must ban him from their ground.

Which they then did.  :doh: 

Nice to see a manager that can keep cool when faced with banter as opposed to some managers who go ape when asked a stupid question.

It's more amusing when they let it out !

How much longer are we going to have these divisive posts by the way ?

The day after Mandela passed away with his message of love and conciliation don't you think it's time to let sleeping SODS lie ?

I just find it ironic that many of those that are oh so keen to support our managerweren't so keen to support the previous incumbent, in fact they did precisely the opposite, including criticising him for such irrelevant things as his accent, and twisting every thing he said, ,I will continue to support the team because unlike some I do not boycott became I happen to dislike the manager ( or the way he was appointed ) but the double standards of some is appalling ( if not surprising )

Nice to see a manager that can keep cool when faced with banter as opposed to some managers who go ape when asked a stupid question.

And nice to see a manager who has a bit of respect and good grace - unlike some posters on here who just can't resist having unnecessary digs and being deliberately provocative.

Just give it a rest. As I said on another thread, SOD wanted whats best for Bristol City, just like SC does.

I just find it ironic that many of those that are oh so keen to support our managerweren't so keen to support the previous incumbent, in fact they did precisely the opposite, including criticising him for such irrelevant things as his accent, and twisting every thing he said, ,I will continue to support the team because unlike some I do not boycott became I happen to dislike the manager ( or the way he was appointed ) but the double standards of some is appalling ( if not surprising )

The irony of your post is astounding..................................I will judge him after 20 odd games and as for the accent, cant fault SC's ;)

No irony at all, SO'D was supported by the vast majority for perhaps far longer than he deserved.

Have you somehow forgotten how many games he lost and how his promise of enthralling passing football turned out to be complete balderdash? How he led us to about the most humiliating relegation imaginable and was well on the way to repeating that shameful feat with yet more shocking losing football?

Get behind Cotterill, the fact that you seem to have some long time personal dislike of him is of no interest to anybody.

What stick SO'D got was thoroughly deserved and if Cotterill turns out to be anything like as appalling a manager for BCFC as he was, then he can expect the City fans and board to get thoroughly pissed off, and he too can expect to be sent packing, and well he knows it.

I too think SoD got very little stick, hardly any compared to GJ ( remember the sight of all those free programmes being hurled onto the pitch) or Del faced deafening boos more than once.

But let's draw a line once and for all can we please. SoD has gone, he has been paid off (as was his right) and I wish him well wherever he goes next. But although he is gone we, Bristol City Football Club, are exactly where he left us, a point off the bottom of League One. That's the reality. That's what Cotterill has to work with.

No personal dislike of him at all, how could I personally dislike somebody I've never met ? I hope we win every game we play under his management, in fact I posted on friday appealing for unify and asking for people to put the past behind them, but some people can't resist continuing to have pops at sod and I find it nauseating, fgs let it lie, stop the digs and let's move on, we can't all have the manager that we want all tbe time but those who wanted sod out, you got your way ! now please please, stop the gloating !

See post 4

That's the point: no argument with your OP - but why does every thread have to be hijacked by bitchy remarks about SOD.

You're a little sensitive perhaps. I only posted in jest, it wasn't a dig. And it's not my fault if people want to talk about SO'D - it's just how the flow of the conversation works. While I'm at it petal, I'd also like to say that I appreciated what SO'D was trying to do even if it didn't rub off in the end.

Archived