IGNORED

Reliving The Past

tiz

Hands up from the start, not sure if fully a football Chat topic but I think it is and its a little puerile but here we do go. Anyone else wanting to relive past days as a fan in terms of the wearing of Casuals gear. I couldn't help myself and just bought some Vintage Fila tops and am really wanting to get a Sergio Tachhini track top but its 50 odd quid.

Guess I am having a mid life crisis and dreaming of the wild away days of the 80s.

Away to put me tin hat on and attempt to thicken me skin.

Hands up from the start, not sure if fully a football Chat topic but I think it is and its a little puerile but here we do go. Anyone else wanting to relive past days as a fan in terms of the wearing of Casuals gear. I couldn't help myself and just bought some Vintage Fila tops and am really wanting to get a Sergio Tachhini track top but its 50 odd quid.

Guess I am having a mid life crisis and dreaming of the wild away days of the 80s.

Ah,those were the days, i could perform all nignt every night !

Mullet anyone:-)

I'm with you my friend...got loads of Fila vintage, Tacchini, Ellesse, still looks smart today IMO,  not so keen on the lairy colours so usually get plainer stuff, also a bit of a trainers fanatic, always usually buy adidas, I like the 'spezial', gazelles, Forest Hills or Trimm Trabb...Diadora Borg Elite in white with gold logo are nice as well (if you can afford them)...

Not sure of costs, but check out www.80scasualclassics.co.uk 

Ha ha, reminds me of playing squash at Ashton Court, didn't realise how trendy I must have been at the time!

Anyone remember the name of the sports shop in town which was next to Ann Summers? the trainers were upstairs, all over the walls, remember buying a pair of Adidas 'LA Trainer' in there (with the adjustable rods in the heel), also Bristol Golf Centre on Redcliffe Hill for Farah's and Pringle/Lyle & Scott sweaters.... :cool:

Sportsfair.

I worked there!

Not sure of costs, but check out www.80scasualclassics.co.uk 

Yes this is what is seducing me. I cant get the Sergio Tachhini out me poor ol' head. Almost exact copy of my pride and joy in them days. Pringle hehe now I had been after one for weeks saving money and managed to get one the Friday before a trip up to Chesterfield and got it plastered in blood from a city fan that was Enjoying his cider really too much and slipped and put his nose all over his face from the Bar. To compound my misery of me poor treasured pringle and bleached jeans the old bill pulled the old round up and drop em out of town routine.

And we had not done a thing honest.......

I'm with you my friend...got loads of Fila vintage, Tacchini, Ellesse, still looks smart today IMO,  not so keen on the lairy colours so usually get plainer stuff, also a bit of a trainers fanatic, always usually buy adidas, I like the 'spezial', gazelles, Forest Hills or Trimm Trabb...Diadora Borg Elite in white with gold logo are nice as well (if you can afford them)...

Love these 2 styles, and throw Samba in too.

I have never felt that old but earlier on Oasis Whatever came on.

My kids had never heard it and it was mentioned on the tele it was 19 years ago.

19 years!!!!!!

This will make you feel worse. The advent of Oasis and Brit Pop doesn't seem that long ago does it? Well 19 years before 1994 saw the release of Space Oddity by David Bowie, so we're further away from Definitely Maybe now than Definitely Maybe was from Ziggu Stardust

Archived