IGNORED

Champions League

wayne allisons tongues

But that could happen in a normal league season. If its a league then best team over 6 games should be top on results not over a head to head.

La liga uses this. I'm not sure but I would imagine that other European leagues do as well.

If you think about it, it's done on the same principle as the knock out rounds that follow in the CL. I do however agree it should be the best team in all the games when in a league format.

Anyone know why places are decided on head to head instead of goal difference. Just seems a weird thing to do and surely goal difference is simpler.

I suspect that it's to stop the weakest team in the group being bribed to let in ten against one of the stronger ones.

Anyone know why places are decided on head to head instead of goal difference. Just seems a weird thing to do and surely goal difference is simpler.

.....a bit off topic, but I really do fancy Manchester City to win the European Cup this season. I'll also go for Chelsea to win the Premiership and FA Cup. Come on you blues !!!!!!!! No, I'm not a bloody Gashead. :w00t:

Archived