IGNORED

Someone Better Have A Word

Abraham Romanovich

Rotherham United manager Steve Evans said:

"There will be 14,000-15,000 there to watch Steve Cotterill's first game, a man I know, respect and like immensely and it will be good to catch up, but we are there to get some points."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25275348

Didn't appreciate Rotherham were bringing around 5000

Even if city gave away the remaining tickets we would get 14000, no ones interested

I thought you'd stopped going this season, even though you've got a ST, but then went to Tamworth after Cotterill was appointed?

Either way, judging by the mood of the fans and how many were staying away after our last home Saturday match, thousands were clearly losing interest in City under SO'D.

I'd expect a fair few of those to return on Satuday, and whether the announced crowd is up or not, there will be a hell of alot more actually in the ground than for the Orient game.

I really don't think attendance will be high. I've still to meet anyone who is inspired by the choice of new manager

Not inspired, YET, but fans I meet are far more hopeful now than under SO'D.

Enthusiasm under SO'D was reaching a very, very low level and draining away further by the week.

Interest has definitely been revived, and the crowd will no doubt reflect that.

I thought you'd stopped going this season, even though you've got a ST, but then went to Tamworth after Cotterill was appointed?

Either way, judging by the mood of the fans and how many were staying away after our last home Saturday match, thousands were clearly losing interest in City under SO'D.

I'd expect a fair few of those to return on Satuday, and whether the announced crowd is up or not, there will be a hell of alot more actually in the ground than for the Orient game.

Yeah I have, I enjoyed the tamworth game actually.. Won't be going sat, picking up the Christmas tree with the kids... I hopeful though we may start to see an upturn in fortunes

As happens when new managers are appointed.

Not guaranteed at all, for instance if a successful and popular manager manager has been poached away from the club and replaced poorly.

Could hardly be more different in this case where SO'D himself - through the football he presented to the fans, his demeanour, his stubbornness, his inability to provide hope, and his record of already being responsible for a City team capitulating to pathetic relegation - was probably personally responsible for finally killing off the enthusiasm of thousands.

The new manager will reinvigorate enthusiasm and bring fans back to AG, but just as surely in this case so will the departure of the old one.

I'm an ST holder and will go on Saturday but I've got to say that I've never had so little enthusiasm for watching. I really don't think attendance will be high. I've still to meet anyone who is inspired by the choice of new manager

Well Rich, we may never meet but I am one of three ST holders who go to all home games together (and a few away) and although we did not go to Tamworth we watched it at one of our houses and all three of us agreed we were much more "inspired" by SC than dour old SOD.

Of course it is very early days yet but I have a feeling we have finally found a manager who "fits" with the culture of our club and will deliver success.

It does help that he is West Country born.

He might even be a cider drinker, but I doubt he will ever admit to that !

Archived