IGNORED

Last Weeks Formation

Who Are Rovers?

Will have to sacrifice the non existent Taylor and play jet up top with baldock and Reid behind them. In all honesty, the three of them can float around each other and rotate. Definately need to fit Reid into the team IMO. Would be silly to halt his progress now. Hopefully gillett will take Elliot's place sitting in front of back four too

You either play without wingers or you drop Baldock.

Tough call.

Personally I would play JET on the right and Bryan on the left of a very advanced three.

Or use Martinez' Wigan formation of 343, with Baldock, Taylor and JET up front and Bryan, Reid, Pack and Waggy in midfield.

Tough really, hard to fit the best players in and play 2 up. I don't think two up is the way forward, we just need a forward who can perform the lone role better. Someone akin to Billy Sharp.

Baldock can play that role as he did just that at tamworth. Before you say it, Taylor was a ghost, not even there.

What he needs simply is the service. With Reid, jet, waggy, Bryan pack behind him, he should get the service. As cotterill suggested however, players like Reid new to learn to pick those quality passes quicker

Baldock can play that role as he did just that at tamworth. Before you say it, Taylor was a ghost, not even there.

What he needs simply is the service. With Reid, jet, waggy, Bryan pack behind him, he should get the service. As cotterill suggested however, players like Reid new to learn to pick those quality passes quicker

Taylor was anything but a ghost.

He's played 3 times this season and we've won two. How long does this supposed coincidence have to go on for before people realise he's a bloody effective team player?

He's played 3 times this season and we've won two. How long does this supposed coincidence have to go on for before people realise he's a bloody effective team player?

He is certainly a team player, unfortunately, an ineffective team player. He has admittedly been unfortunate with injuries but, he is the least effective striker I have ever seen wear a City shirt and getting that accolade takes some doing. He neither makes or takes chances, does not shoot, take on his man, win headers in the box but he is a willing runner. Sorry Jordan but he does not cut the mustard, even against a team two divisions lower than us, he struggled to make any impact at all. Hopefully, if selected, he'll play a blinder tomorrow and prove me wrong.

Taylor said something interesting and quite insightful in the pre match interview

With 2 upfront he was told to sometimes go wide, dragging defenders out of their natural position to create space for JET

He can run the channels quite well and create space for Baldock as well. I'd just like to see even the faintest of goal threats from him as well, to date it has been non existent.

He can run the channels quite well and create space for Baldock as well. I'd just like to see even the faintest of goal threats from him as well, to date it has been non existent.

Know what you mean, but then again if he offered some sort of goal threat and scored goals he wouldn't be playing for this club

If Taylor does play, he should play to his strengths, holding the ball up, playing the channels and causing a headache for defenders, he will never be a natural goal scorer, but at least he does try and contribute something.

If he can keep doing what he is good at - and a lot of this goes unnoticed - holding the ball up, making space and dragging defenders out, I don't see why he should be dropped. His first touch is excellent (although was terrible at Tamworth) and if we're going to lump it forward, I'd far rather have him on the end of it than Baldock. He has as much chance of scoring a goal as Elliott Parish but he facilitates goals, which at this time will do for me.

It's no coincidence that we look a better team with Taylor in the side. Gives us an outlet where before we had none. And brings other players in the game.

Taylor said something interesting and quite insightful in the pre match interview

With 2 upfront he was told to sometimes go wide, dragging defenders out of their natural position to create space for JET

This is very true and wat happened at tamworth Taylor pulled two defenders to the right so jet had the space to shoot and consequently we scored I think we should play him he may not score many but if you look closely with a trained eye you notice things which others do not

I don't think we can hope for any more than the manager playing a proper front two today, which I assume will be Taylor and Turner Baldock and Taylor.

I am not sure how we will play JET - certainly not sure we will be able to play him in the hole - *but* we might start like that and see how it goes depending on how we expect Rotherham to set up. Of course 'playing to our strengths' might mean we ignore them completely and take a chance anyway.

Not expecting too much apart from better tempo and looking a bit more joined up going forward. If we are going to save ourselves this is the sort of game we need to win.

COYR.

Archived