IGNORED

Terrible Decision

GrahamC

As a supporter for 30 years and a season ticket holder for over ten perhaps I should get used to it at City after appointments such as Lennartsson and Pulis but I can't believe what we have just done.

That must rank as the shortest interview to job gap in history, what about waiting to see if someone who has actually achieved something as a manager might have wanted the job?

Tinns is a nice bloke and used to be a very good player, but he has nothing to show that he will make a good manager and so we've presumably decided on the basis of his popularity and playing record to offer him a three year contract as boss?

I'm sure there will be loads of replies quoting passion (a usual Gas tactic) and his enthusiasm but this is a bad, bad decision.

No prizes for guessing that the "cozy club" of Fawthrop, Taylor, Millen will form the rest of the management team, is there?

As a supporter for 30 years and a season ticket holder for over ten perhaps I should get used to it at City after appointments such as Lennartsson and Pulis but I can't believe what we have just done.

That must rank as the shortest interview to job gap in history, what about waiting to see if someone who has actually achieved something as a manager might have wanted the job?

Tinns is a nice bloke and used to be a very good player, but he has nothing to show that he will make a good manager and so we've presumably decided on the basis of his popularity and playing record to offer him a three year contract as boss?

I'm sure there will be loads of replies quoting passion (a usual Gas tactic) and his enthusiasm but this is a bad, bad decision.

No prizes for guessing that the "cozy club" of Fawthrop, Taylor, Millen will form the rest of the management team, is there?

Well in those 30 years the club needs you NOW most to get behind tinnion and the team.

No good crying over spilt milk cos the decisions been made.

We have to get it sorted quickly so that players know what is going on and so that the players and manager could get gelled together. Tinman is a good choice because he knows what city can do and cant do and he knows the players very well and and knows how well they can play as he has bin training with them 4 a long time well done cheep and i good man 4 the job!

Baring in mind we dont have money to throw around, who would you have appointed?

It's a case of waiting and seeing now I think.

Leroy Rosenior as I said yesterday, someone who has gone out and learned his managerial trade in Division Three, and was on very poor money at Torquay so would have come cheap.

As for supporting City, don't worry about that mate, I will, but it doesn't stop me thinking it's a terrible mistake.

Sipowics,

We as supporters really no nothing about Tinmans potential as a manager as we have not employed him day in day out and worked with him. SL and the board have, and therefore i think we should lay trust in them to have appointed Brian as manager because they have been able to see the things we cant. The board talk to their players and will know for certain what they think of Brian, and I'm sure they will have done thier homework on this. Tins has been playing a more and more important role in the coaching side of things over the past few years and i assume the board have been monitering this and seen something they like...alot it would appear.So yes he has achieved nothing as such yet to PROVE he is a good manager but must have SHOWN signs that he has the making of one.

Good luck to him

The only possible bad thing about it is the length of the contract, but I don't see Tins as the sort to hang around for his cash if things go wrong.

My choice would have been Rosenior, but if we can't afford to pay off Danny and Torquay then so be it. Tins will do just fine.

What we need to get in is someone to coach the strikers. Either a striking coach, or an experienced forward who can play and coach. Assuming he stays, our most experienced striker is Peacock, and I don't think he's the best role model for teaching our young strikers.

Guest wishbone

Not what I was expecting & a terrible pressure to put Tinman under.

Still, he's obviously seeking it & we should back him to the hilt.

Shame about Danny though. :clap::(:laugh:

Not really happy at the decision, but I'm not going to walk away, so i'll get my season ticket next season, and just hope that we go up. I don't really think we need a good manager next season, as the squad should be good enough to take its self up, but its the season after next i worry about! Just hope we get a decent number two in really, as tins will need it. Come on tinns, prove to everyone that it is the right decision.

Guest Gas Mark 2

Brave decision by your board, I think bringing Tinnion up as Wilson's number 2 for a few seasons would have been the better option rather than making him a manager straight away.

But then again it's all probably about finance and perhaps cuts in wages need to be made, as Danny was on about £300,000 a year wasn't he?

He has been a coach for the last season, so that is nearly the same.
your having a bubble!!!!!

being a manager brings 100 times the responsibility of a coach.

its a different world compared to being a coach.

heres hoping tinmans up to the job

I have to admit I'm crapping myself about Tinmans appointment, but then everyone has to start somewhere. At least he'll have the fans on his side. If we're top in december he'll be fine, but I wonder how he'll do if the team isn't playing well and he has to try to turn it round. Oh well, I wish him all the best. Let's hope he's a Chris Coleman and not a Carlton Palmer!

i think it is a sensible move to steady the ship and take

us foward i think he will be just fine.

tinnion has been here 11 years and worked with some good managers

along the way, he will use that knowledge well, he will have the respect

of the current team, and the passion the fans want to see in their boss

nothing will change just the selection of the team in the right place.

if he has taylor or barlow as no.2 we will move foward.

i said the new boss will need to have done their home work on

bristol city and no better than brian tinnion.

11 years and worked with some good managers he will

take the good points from all of them, he would have listened

well..

if holloway can do it so can tinnion and he will..

COME ON GET BEHINED HIM AND THE LADS AND LET'S MOVE

FOWARD...

Brave decision by your board, I think bringing Tinnion up as Wilson's number 2 for a few seasons would have been the better option rather than making him a manager straight away.

But then again it's all probably about finance and perhaps cuts in wages need to be made, as Danny was on about £300,000 a year wasn't he?

Right there its about the money and I rate tinman but a cheaper option than a proven man and judged to be popular with fans, therefore more/better attendance; dangerous though as the fans are likely to turn on the board next not Tinman.

If you remember, Ciderhead, Holloway DIDN'T do it. He was sacked from his first managerial position.

yes very true, but he never had the backing at the gas as tinnion will

have at city, rovers sold all their decent players.

we got the team but never played in the right system.

I have to admit I'm crapping myself about Tinmans appointment, but then everyone has to start somewhere. At least he'll have the fans on his side. If we're top in december he'll be fine, but I wonder how he'll do if the team isn't playing well and he has to try to turn it round. Oh well, I wish him all the best. Let's hope he's a Chris Coleman and not a Carlton Palmer!
I would prefer to be top at the end of the season...... but the appointment of Brian really does not fill me with confidence.

as others have stated ..... we have no choice but to wait and see how it goes.

Guest sprout1883
If you remember, Ciderhead, Holloway DIDN'T do it. He was sacked from his first managerial position.
Just to correct you Holloway Left. He was not sacked.

With Regards to Tinnion, I can understand why he has been appointed (not least as it's the cheap option). Good luck to the bloke.

To me I see Tinnion biggest problem as his relationship with the players, Unlike Holloway, Tinnion has been appointed from within, and obviously has relationships with the current players.

Archived