IGNORED

Where Is It All Going Wrong?

SydneyCity

If we split the club into four parts - the board, the managers, the players and the fans - and apply a percentage to each of them, where does everyone apportion blame for our current situation? I'd say:

Board: 60%

Managers: 20%

Players: 19%

Fans: 1%

The fans are in there as I'm of the opinion that you should never boo the team you support (or start negative threads like this)

I think the admirable faith and support shown by a huge majority of very patient and supportive fans is part of the problem.

The players today should, in my view have roundly boo'd from the pitch. Their performance was simply not good enough and I hope they haven't gone out tonight thinking 'that wasn't too bad - we put in half a shift and got taken apart again but nobody seamed to mind that much' 

So, OP,you reckon the board rang Steve Cotterill last night and said: "Cotts, we want you to repeat all the mistakes of the last incumbent. Play a midget as a solo front man with a guy who can literally wander anywhere behind him and ask the RB to push up leaving Flint to cover two spaces and play one of the slowest players on the squad as left winger."

If the board said that then I agree with your assessment. If not, you're casting around for random scapegoats.

I think the board should be booed off the pitch :laugh:, but that won't happen while our fans parliament are sitting down and having nice cups of tea with jl and dl will it ! btw apart from supporting the board and the evil post in grassing city fans up to heddu, do our supporters groups actually do anything ?

In my opinion the board has been making bad decisions since SL stepped away. This obviously has a domino effect on the club and team as a whole. Bad decisions at board level lead to bad decisions at management level. This leads to players making mistakes and the fans turning on the team. It all starts at board level. Fix that and you fix the team.

SL brings an obvious love for the team and the city. He also brings a ridiculous amount of money. Most importantly, however, he brings a great deal of business acumen. I get the impression this is missing in the current board structure and, let's be honest, football is a business now, not a sport.

50% Lee Johnson, 50% Martin Woolford.

But seriously logic tells us that its the board we should be placing the blame at. Since we started being shite (approx 2 and a half years ago) we have had:

- 4 different managers

- different backroom staff appointed by each of them (i would have thought)

- a massive turnover in players

Despite all the new faces and fresh ideas, we have continued to make the same pathetic mistakes game in game out for years. Whats the common denominator in all this? Maybe the managers, staff and players havent been up to the job but who appoints them?

To me it just seems like our board appoint somebody then leave them to face the music without any backing, guidance or consultation. Remember the great GJ/Steve L partnership that really brought everybody together? Things couldnt be further away from that now and I think thats the fault of the board.

Thats this communist dictators tuppance worth anyway.

But seriously logic tells us that its the board we should be placing the blame at. Since we started being shite (approx 2 and a half years ago) we have had:

- 4 different managers

Despite all the new faces and fresh ideas, we have continued to make the same pathetic mistakes game in game out for years. Whats the common denominator in all this? Maybe the managers, staff and players havent been up to the job but who appoints them?

To me it just seems like our board appoint somebody then leave them to face the music without any backing, guidance or consultation. Remember the great GJ/Steve L partnership that really brought everybody together? Things couldnt be further away from that now and I think thats the fault of the board.

You are dead so your opinion does not count. 

And anyway, if you were alive, you'd be living in North Korea not 'living it up large' across the border... you seem to be just like all the overpaid players, shameful behaviour ;)

- 4 different managers

Agree with most of this. My own tuppence worth is this:

1) Where does the buck stop? Board/owner as far as I can see.

2) The ''massive turnover in players'', managers, and backroom staff could have been avoided if we'd only splashed out on the best CB we could have afforded following the departures of Caulker and then Bikey. Talk about spoiling the ship for a hapeth of tar.

In my opinion the board has been making bad decisions since SL stepped away. This obviously has a domino effect on the club and team as a whole. Bad decisions at board level lead to bad decisions at management level. This leads to players making mistakes and the fans turning on the team. It all starts at board level. Fix that and you fix the team.

SL brings an obvious love for the team and the city. He also brings a ridiculous amount of money. Most importantly, however, he brings a great deal of business acumen. I get the impression this is missing in the current board structure and, let's be honest, football is a business now, not a sport.

If Football was just about business you'd think SL would be good at it.

Archived