IGNORED

New Striker Needed?

TomBCFCUK

I think one thing we must do in January is get a new striker in to partner Baldock, even if JET does stay! Not a dig at JET just think would be better for him and Baldock to get another striker and if he is here then atleast will allow him to play behind new striker and JET!!

15 and 9 goals respectively suggests that JET and Baldock aren't doing too bad.  Having said that I do feel at times that they're both very individual players, in that you rarely notice their interplay or that there is much understanding between them.  

I think what we really need is other striking options.  I think we need a bona fide target-man.  Taylor is, really, only a makeshift target-man.  I think someone like Izale McLeod, realistically, right now, would fill that role quite well.

(And before anyone says it, no I'm not advocating long ball, I'm talking about Gary Johnson's old clubs in the bag.)

Sorry but won't have JET in my team. A luxury we can not afford ! Just doesn't do enough,

I know there are a lot of jet lovers and I can understand that when he scores spectacular goals , but I think we would have a lot more points if we had a traditional centre forward that can score (stead type)

JET isnt a two-up-top striker and never will be.

You put him with Baldock and we play one up front effectively. The amount of times i have seen a ball in the box and JET is somewhere between the halfway line and penalty box - or even on the line.

I think we do need another classic striker to play with Baldock.

JET is not that type of player and I don't think Taylor is very good personally.

Archived