IGNORED

Flint

BITW

What are peoples thoughts on this guy? I don't see much being said about him but personally I think he's been dreadful. Bambi on ice and good for nothing but winning headers. Can't pass, turning circle of the titanic and perhaps I'm being harsh here but how many own goals is that now?

Interesting our one (league) clean sheet this season came in the one game he didn't start ...

What are peoples thoughts on this guy? I don't see much being said about him but personally I think he's been dreadful. Bambi on ice and good for nothing but winning headers. Can't pass, turning circle of the titanic and perhaps I'm being harsh here but how many own goals is that now?

Interesting our one (league) clean sheet this season came in the one game he didn't start ...

That is how I I described him before he came. Considered opinion of Swindon fans I work with was a big useless lump who could head a ball (no guarantees where that header would go)

As I have stated on other threads, each Monday at each passing point dropped I get reminded how much they mugged us off for. Constant 50p for a 50p head jibes come my way. Have to say it is looking like they were correct.

They said all his best performances came with an experienced head next to him.. which he has had maybe 2 times with Osborne with us.

Wins the incoming high ball pretty much every time and a threat in the opposition penalty area.

Which sounds pretty good to me.

Of course you then want someone with him who can play it on the ground.

Seems more of a thteat in our penalty area to me. What is his current goals to OG rstio. I'm guessing not good as I csn only remember 1 legit goal against Swindon. He seems to regularly miss good opportunities.

Put in two excellent locks yesterday but the moaners miss that.

McCombe was never asked to distribute the ball, why is he?

Mccombe imo and I do have to say I saw a lot more of him than Flint is head and shoulders above him. Especially for positioning. And most definitely in the opposition penalty area.

Mccombe imo and I do have to say I saw a lot more of him than Flint is head and shoulders above him. Especially for positioning. And most definitely in the opposition penalty area.

Agree that he's nowhere near as effective in the oppositions box. As for defending, well, the rest of the defence around McCombe was vastly superior at defending to what we have now. People often ask on here, where did it all start to go wrong? For me, it was the day we sold Bradley Orr and never replaced him. The defence and just about everything else started to fall apart from then on.

I wrote this yesterday and stand by it;

I haven't been impressed with Flint, I was happy when we signed him but he hasn't live up to the hype or hope. I thought we were getting a better, more accomplished player than I've seen. I think we paid a decent amount for him to ( don't want to dare find out how much) so is it wrong to have expectation of at least a half decent standard?

Harsh maybe to single him out, but I've always regarded the CB position to be a key position in a team. But he is no Sean Taylor, hell he is not even a Jamie McCoombe.

He is a big lump of a defender, (and looks the part with his tattoos, if I am allowed to say that.). I was hoping he would be the tower of strength at the back with great leadership qualities. But he needs to play alongside a leader, he isn't that player...yet. Hopefully we will wind him a partner, thought he played much better with Osbourne. But in his defence he is only 24, no age for a defender really. The Caulker's are rare.

Or we get our midfield to make themselves free so he can hit a simple 5/10 yard pass!!!!!

Bang on sir.

We have been missing a ball winning centre half for many years. We now have one. Why does he have to do the job of playmaker, striker and goalkeeper too? And if he did what the hell would he be doing at our club.

Be grateful for what you have got while you have got it.

I wrote this yesterday and stand by it;

I haven't been impressed with Flint, I was happy when we signed him but he hasn't live up to the hype or hope. I thought we were getting a better, more accomplished player than I've seen. I think we paid a decent amount for him to ( don't want to dare find out how much) so is it wrong to have expectation of at least a half decent standard?

Harsh maybe to single him out, but I've always regarded the CB position to be a key position in a team. But he is no Sean Taylor, hell he is not even a Jamie McCoombe.

He is a big lump of a defender, (and looks the part with his tattoos, if I am allowed to say that.). I was hoping he would be the tower of strength at the back with great leadership qualities. But he needs to play alongside a leader, he isn't that player...yet. Hopefully we will wind him a partner, thought he played much better with Osbourne. But in his defence he is only 24, no age for a defender really. The Caulker's are rare.

No you can't, that's tattooist

No you can't, that's tattooist

Ha ha, I actually like them on him. They interest me!

Does anyone know who or what kind of player he played with at Swindon, he was part of a team who got to the playoffs wasnt he? I guess from the amount we paid he was a regular, so he got to have some ability, right???

Bang on sir.

We have been missing a ball winning centre half for many years. We now have one. Why does he have to do the job of playmaker, striker and goalkeeper too? And if he did what the hell would he be doing at our club.

Well, that's three of us that think he's good at doing the things he was bought for.

Bang on sir.

Bang ON!  I think we have a centre half who is good to do a job, if he were better he wouldnt be at our club.

Ha ha, I actually like them on him. They interest me!

Does anyone know who or what kind of player he played with at Swindon, he was part of a team who got to the playoffs wasnt he? I guess from the amount we paid he was a regular, so he got to have some ability, right???

I really think, well, hope, he's not that bad, he does his job for the most part. Just hope he doesn't end up as another Sean Dyche but he'll have to stop making these stupid errors soon.

I think he's a good enough player, if you dont give up on what look like lost balls and dont try and defend everything then you wont score own goals... 

make that 4.

he is trying hard and is there in the danger area when before no-one was.

yes he does look like bambi on ice sometimes but if the ball hits his head rather than the oppositions first,it aint going straight at parish most times

Archived