IGNORED

Google+

Barrs Court Red

It's going to stay, lots of people use it, I'm on there and quite a few of my mates, it integrates with just abotu every android device so I expect even people who dont thik they use it use it.

Yep, Everything I do gets posted on there, Well not everything, Mainly Youtube stuff gets posted on there, Also that I've just bought something or other off of Amazon, Only realised I had it a week or two back

It's too big brother'ish for me. I don't mind using Google services but things like Google+ and Google Now  are a step too far. Google Now has some nice features, such as determining where your home or place of work is and giving you  a pop up just before you make your journey to inform you of traffic conditions but it is the all dancing all singing eye. It popped up a message telling me how far I'd walked the previous month.

I've disabled Google+ completely on my Google account. As an Android phone user it just appears to wrap itself around everything and is doing stuff you're barely aware of.

It is better than Facebook but for the one key thing - users.

Unfortunately Google have convinced themselves they have to have a social network and are now trying to force you into G+ every way they can.

They should have just bought Facebook when they had the chance.

Can you tell me how do disable Google+ please rich

I have a Galaxy S4 if that makes a difference

Because I've already disabled mine I can't navigate through to the point where you can disable it. Hope that makes sense.

This is pretty much what I did.

If you fire up a normal web browser on a PC and login to Google using the same Google account that you use on your S4 then you should be able to disable Google+ via your browser. This should automatically disable Google+ on your S4 too.

Follow these instructions:

However, this article should help. http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-a-Google%2B-Account

Sorry I can't be more precise. It's about 10 months since I disable it. I'd have to re-enable it in order to tell you how to disable it. If you have a problem then let me know and I'll run through it.

It is better than Facebook but for the one key thing - users.

Unfortunately Google have convinced themselves they have to have a social network and are now trying to force you into G+ every way they can.

They should have just bought Facebook when they had the chance.

Really enjoy my Android phone but you are right. Google insistence of shoving G+ in my face really is getting on my tits.

Because I've already disabled mine I can't navigate through to the point where you can disable it. Hope that makes sense.

This is pretty much what I did.

If you fire up a normal web browser on a PC and login to Google using the same Google account that you use on your S4 then you should be able to disable Google+ via your browser. This should automatically disable Google+ on your S4 too.

Follow these instructions:

However, this article should help. http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-a-Google%2B-Account

Sorry I can't be more precise. It's about 10 months since I disable it. I'd have to re-enable it in order to tell you how to disable it. If you have a problem then let me know and I'll run through it.

That's perfect thank you, I think I have done it as it no longer asks if I want to share with Google +, Thanks very much

That's perfect thank you, I think I have done it as it no longer asks if I want to share with Google +, Thanks very much

No worries. Glad you're free of clutches of Google+. I miss the days of a simple Nokia dumb phone and only have to charge it once a fortnight.

Archived