IGNORED

Burns And Baldock Strike Partnership

JET will tear you apart

The only way this would work is if we changed our style completely. I'm not sure Burns is ready. To me he currently lacks awareness of the positions of his fellow team mates and too many times when taking on the defender the defender was making it look way too easy to shield the ball. He deserves to be in the squad but it's way too soon to be putting into a strike partnership. It's not even as if there was a suggestion of telepathy between the two in question.

JET's natural position is on the wing anyway, i think Burns and Baldock up front is a sound idea.

While I agree he walks into a right winger's position frequently, I don't think you could say it's his natural position. He doesn't have one.

Personally, I feel the manager should play him as an attacking midfielder alongside Reid and forget the fantasy that he is in some way Baldock's strike partner.

While I agree he walks into a right winger's position frequently, I don't think you could say it's his natural position. He doesn't have one.

Personally, I feel the manager should play him as an attacking midfielder alongside Reid and forget the fantasy that he is in some way Baldock's strike partner.

Yep. But then you can't play wingers or full backs?

Tough.

Still amazes me that Marvin Elliot is in the team...he was gone 2/3 years ago. It strikes me that his legs have gone and that was his main attribute. Burns looked good for 15 minutes, hopefully he will get a run on the right.

Reid and Wynter in the middle for me.

Was a bit worried watching Marv on highlights, first time I've really seen him lagging behind ie. during Frecklington's run for their 2nd, not sure if it was due to being out of position or the legs having gone.

Id prefer to see jet partner burns upfront then if we're going up this route . Nothing personal against baldock but for jets conversion rate .

Jet has only really partnered baldock and although jet seems not to even try nd link with him. Would be interested to see someone else up top with jet rather then baldock

Having Said that if cotts knows he is going to sell jet then better to play baldock more .

Id prefer to see jet partner burns upfront then if we're going up this route . Nothing personal against baldock but for jets conversion rate .

Jet has only really partnered baldock and although jet seems not to even try nd link with him. Would be interested to see someone else up top with jet rather then baldock

Having Said that if cotts knows he is going to sell jet then better to play baldock more .

JET partnered Taylor up front away to Carlisle when he scored his hat trick. Don't think we have tried that since?

Playing defensive hasn't worked, and I'm not sure having two small strikers up front will do much good unless we start playing decent balls on the ground. When everyone is fit/able to play, I'd go:

Parish/Fielding (undecided)

Moloney Osborne Williams Cunningham

Elliot/Pack

Reid/Burns Bryan

JET

Baldock Harewood/Taylor

Not sure that follows, Jord. He would take a central mf place from say, Marv.

I admit my formations are very attack-minded. But that's when we seem to do best.

Ok, I'm struggling to picture the shape now, couldn't pick out an eleven and somehow describe/draw the shape for me could ya Robbo?

I love this kinda discussion!

Ok, I'm struggling to picture the shape now, couldn't pick out an eleven and somehow describe/draw the shape for me could ya Robbo?

I love this kinda discussion!

I would never have guessed  ;)

Baldock     Burns

Burns                                   JET                             Waggy

Reid

Pack/Wynter/Kelly

Williams              Osbourne              Moloney

GK

Yep, drops the wing-back idea to crowbar Reid in mf and two strikers, but never sure that worked as intended. JET would need to be the Tamworth style defensive JET rather than the Rotherham style "watch the ball roll past me" JET.

Playing defensive hasn't worked, and I'm not sure having two small strikers up front will do much good unless we start playing decent balls on the ground. When everyone is fit/able to play, I'd go:

Parish/Fielding (undecided)

Moloney Osborne Williams Cunningham

Elliot/Pack

Reid/Burns Bryan

JET

Baldock Harewood/Taylor

In a diamond...

JET partnered Taylor up front away to Carlisle when he scored his hat trick. Don't think we have tried that since?

it does make sense though Taylor s presence taking away more defenders for jet to shoot with more time aka against Tamworth and when he was was with harewood against rovers . Yes both lesser teams but would like to see Taylor jet start with a team like

Parish

Maloney osbourne Williams Cunningham

reid pack gillet Bryan

Jet taylor

I think Reid could thrive at Rm where there is slightly less pressure when passing and pushing up the field nd has a decent cross .

oh and obviously flint at cb if Osbourne is still suspended .

I would never have guessed ;)

Baldock Burns

Burns JET Waggy

Reid

Pack/Wynter/Kelly

Williams Osbourne Moloney

GK

Yep, drops the wing-back idea to crowbar Reid in mf and two strikers, but never sure that worked as intended. JET would need to be the Tamworth style defensive JET rather than the Rotherham style "watch the ball roll past me" JET.

Looks a touch disjointed, but I agree with a lot of it.

I'm a huge fan of three at the back, personally think how Martinez used a 3-4-3 formation at Wigan over the last few years would suit our squad much better than any other formation.

But we'll be seeing 4-4-2 from this point forth I'd imagine.

Looks a touch disjointed, but I agree with a lot of it.

I'm a huge fan of three at the back, personally think how Martinez used a 3-4-3 formation at Wigan over the last few years would suit our squad much better than any other formation.

But we'll be seeing 4-4-2 from this point forth I'd imagine.

Hope not JT. One of the things O'Driscoll harped on about which I agreed with, is you need a high degree of fluidity in how on-field roles are defined. The old 'table football' lines of 4 are a thing of the past.

Archived