IGNORED

Cotterill's Number Two

foghornred

This is one of my many fears about cotterill, that he will bring in a load of his mates just when we look too be moving in the right direction at under 21 and academy level, Pemberton appears to be highly regarded and his football knowledge could perhaps highlight cotterills inadequacies, for this reason I can't see him being around for to long ! if I was tinnion or the Spanish guy id be worried as wel !

Hope this isn't true, Pemberton is a great coach and a possible permanent manager if Cotterill goes before the end of the season. 

:dunno: He was coach under SO'D when City played dreadful football and has done nothing to suggest he should ever be in the frame to manage City.

Hope this isn't true, Pemberton is a great coach and a possible permanent manager if Cotterill goes before the end of the season.

Why the Pemberton love in he was an integral part of the regime that broke a couple of Bristol

City's most unwanted losing records.

Every manager should be able to chose his deputy.

Why the Pemberton love in he was an integral part of the regime that broke a couple of Bristol

City's most unwanted losing records.

Every manager should be able to chose his deputy.

As is usually standard with a change of management, really hope Pemberton stays at the club though.

This is one of my many fears about cotterill, that he will bring in a load of his mates

Like Sean did, you mean.

As for youth football, I think McInnes started that particular positive movement - maybe it was even earlier under Keith - and, yes, I'd agree it would be nice to maintain the upward progress we've had there since the Johnson era when it was priority Z. I can't see why Cotterill - operating on a tiny budget - would want to disrupt that however. Nothing he's said since coming here would suggest that.

Pemberton has only been here this season hasn't he, before that it was O'Kelly(?) who left us to go back to Walsall. Difficult to know how much influence he has had on this seasons performances, but you can argue that if he had no input what's the point of him being part of the set up.

As for the Portsmouth bloke, maybe Cotterill has identified a problem with fitness and if it looks like this bloke can do two jobs for the price of one, who knows?

Personally I don't care, but how can people say Pemberton is a great coach ? On what basis ? Equally I could not say he was a bad one, I, like nearly every City fan has never seen him coach. Why do we invent opinions on professional ability just because we like or don't like the look of someone. 

"Why do we invent opinions?" Because the human brain has evolved to create meaning and certainty where it finds and "sees" uncertainty. People's ability to tolerate uncertainty varies, but most abhor it. So definitive opinions help to alleviate feelings of doubt and uncertainty. I think it was Alan Shearer that pointed this out on MOTD recently....

I liked all of your post by the way.

If Steve Cotterill starts changing the backroom staff lets hope that he leaves the youth set up as it is because only in this country do they make whole sale changes when changing the manager,in Germany,France,Spain etc the manager may change and his staff, but the youth set up stays no matter what because one of the worst things that you can do is keep changing coaches (and playing styles) for these youngsters they need consistency and to learn their trade without any upheaval.  

Not another great coach.Just like Millen and SOD.both highly respected and both garbage when it comes to producing results us..

Yep. Pembo had the opportunity to observe the whole season yet given his game in charge he duplicated a failed formula. Football inelligence - I don't think so.

Archived