IGNORED

Ben Pringle Anyone? Rotherhams Number 18..

brady bunch

Thought he ran the show for them on Saturday! danagerous to judge someone on one game, but looked like the type of player we need in the middle.

I think he signed a new 2.5 year contract with Rotherham at the start of the year, so there  would be a fee, but he gets my vote come January....

Thought he ran the show for them on Saturday! danagerous to judge someone on one game, but looked like the type of player we need in the middle.

I think he signed a new 2.5 year contract with Rotherham at the start of the year, so there  would be a fee, but he gets my vote come January....

So, um.. you want us to go for a player who's at a club in the top 6.. to a club who's bottom of the league??

I think I'm done with trying to judge how good a player is and whether he would improve our squad.

I can barely think of a player who has come here with a decent record and gone on to improve us or show the same form.

Just a handful in the last 5 years.

Fully expect players like him to be in the Championship next season. In other words, no chance :D

I think I'm done with trying to judge how good a player is and whether he would improve our squad.

I can barely think of a player who has come here with a decent record and gone on to improve us or show the same form.

Just a handful in the last 5 years.

I was trying to think as well.

JET,

Maynard,

Adomah,

Any others?

Well Goater left us for Man City who were a league below us at the time....

I think wages play a part and we still have one of the biggest budgets in the league!

Seems we wont be going for him then....................Agree he looks Championship bound, should not prevent us asking after him..

You could say Basso, Orr, McCombe, Noble, Jevons, McAllister et al. that arrived and were part of our promotion season improved the squad dramatically.

Even Fontaine!

Certainly JET, Adomah and Maynard though.

You could, the first lot were more than 5 years ago.  It was different back then, although Trundle was an early clue.

But we are a much bigger club*

*not necessarily true

We are a bigger club - but only compared with the Gas. I sometimes wish that the Gas would either fold or get promoted above us - just to stop the illusion that we are a big club because we are bigger than THEM :(

Good player, don't think he'd come, don't think we'd go for him

I said on Sat he's the kind of player I'd like to see though coming to Ashton Gate permanently, seemed to have ability but showed confidence and suit the game and overall suites league one football.

I hope there's more of a push to unearth some rough diamonds and cease trying to pick off the better players from teams around us and pulling players down to our level because they haven't quite cut it in the level they're at.

That's a tad scathing but it covers Fielding, Maloney, Flint, Baldock, JET, Wagstaff, Shorey, Harewood - the success rate in that bunch reflects how successful that kind of policy is going to be.

Under 24 is a low risk policy but bringing in players with lower morale is surely higher risk - we've gambled on Parish, Reid, Bryan, Wynter, Williams, Burns and reviews have generally been positive

Archived