IGNORED

Cotterill Resigned

Major Isewater

To rebuilding the unbalanced squad and warns us that it will take time.

Now,where have i heard that before ?

You heard it from the previous 3, who then proceeded to make the squad even more unbalanced, never addressing a pussy midfield only having one viable striker on the books and a reliable goalkeeper. if SC addresses that finally we might be getting somewhere.

You heard it from the previous 3, who then proceeded to make the squad even more unbalanced, never addressing a pussy midfield only having one viable striker on the books and a reliable goalkeeper. if SC addresses that finally we might be getting somewhere.

Fair sized IF, that, though...

To rebuilding the unbalanced squad and warns us that it will take time.

Now,where have i heard that before ?

Yeah, well O'Driscoll was building a team for some dream league in his head which doesn't exist - certainly not Division 3 in England.

He's left Cotterill with a few good players but overall a weak, weedy, and ineffective team which would likely have failed to avoid relegation to Div.4. Very imbalanced under his stubborn leadership - no drive in midfield, no leaders, no wingers, almost no shots at goal.

The team he put on the pitch was completely unfit for task. 

Cotterill knows he has to build a spine with strong dependable characters for this level, and then take the game to the opposition, rather than worry about them so much the players become impotent.

It will probably only take 3 or 4 players of the type SO'D either couldn't find, or more likely didn't actually want, and we should see a set up where the younger or less physical players have a better platform to show what they're made of.

Hopefully Cotterill will get them in place as quickly as possible next month, but I'm sure we all understand overnight is not possible, and he's little choice but to go with what O'Driscoll left him until then.

Hence it will take time and a bit more patience will indeed be needed by us all.

• Admin

Hopefully Cotterill will get them in place as quickly as possible next month, but I'm sure we all understand overnight is not possible, and he's little choice but to go with what O'Driscoll left him until then.

Hopefully contact already made with who he will try to bring in, then hopefully on board as soon into the new year as possible

Can we really afford to go through to the end of January like this?

How to be a football manager:

Join club - announce the squad is either a) unbalanced b)unfit c) not organised d) not good enough.....

.............................. and announce you need your own players,  this excuse gets you to the next transfer window.

Announce that during the window a) good players keep their options open b) won't come c) cost too much d)aren't available

Announce don't judge me yet it's not my team... It's a 3 year plan after all ...........this excuse gets you to the summer

Sign players during the summer,  Announce new players a) need to adjust to my tactics b) gel with team mates c) settle in area

also existing players under contract still need to be moved on...............these excuses gets you to Christmas...phew!

At the end of season 2 finish bottom third & announce that next season we will be challenging now that it's finally my team

Season 3 October .....in bottom 4 ....sacked..................collect 1 years salary.  holiday in Bahamas - need time with family.

Apply for managers jobs......accept job.......repeat above again.....and again....

How to be a football manager:

Join club - announce the squad is either a) unbalanced b)unfit c) not organised d) not good enough.....

.............................. and announce you need your own players, this excuse gets you to the next transfer window.

Announce that during the window a) good players keep their options open b) won't come c) cost too much d)aren't available

Announce don't judge me yet it's not my team... It's a 3 year plan after all ...........this excuse gets you to the summer

Sign players during the summer, Announce new players a) need to adjust to my tactics b) gel with team mates c) settle in area

also existing players under contract still need to be moved on...............these excuses gets you to Christmas...phew!

At the end of season 2 finish bottom third & announce that next season we will be challenging now that it's finally my team

Season 3 October .....in bottom 4 ....sacked..................collect 1 years salary. holiday in Bahamas - need time with family.

Apply for managers jobs......accept job.......repeat above again.....and again....

That is worryingly true*. You're not a football manager, are you?

* Except at BCFC, where it's a nine-month cycle, of course :(

Archived