IGNORED

It Is Lee's Fault....

extonsred

Russell Osman took Bristol City to Anfield in the FA Cup in 1994 (and we won!)  Does that make Osman a good manager?

For what it's worth - I do actually think LJ will make a good manager, but he isn't one just because he's taking a team to Anfield!

For what it's worth - I do actually think LJ will make a good manager, but he isn't one just because he's taking a team to Anfield!

You are right Harry, he isn't one for that reason.

He's a good manager as he saved them from relegation, lost his four best players, was given no money and is still doing well.

The unity at that club is something we can only dream about.

doing a very good job at oldham, far to early to throw him in to this hell hole imo, in the future I would welcome it but frankley he'd be mad to leave oldham at the moment he's building a nice little squad has a new stand on the way and has dealt with everything thrown at him much like when he was a city player

Was hoping he would get the job here. Hopefully he will get it one day. Considering he saved Oldham last season and has one of the smallest budgets in the league think he would have been just what we needed.

Me too, but I think it would be too soon for him, maybe in a couple of years, but then he would probably be lined up to replace his Dad at Yeovil once he retires!

But then as Monkeh says, who would wish our job on anyone at the moment. I like Lee and it would only end in tears, I wouldn't want that for him or us.

Russell Osman took Bristol City to Anfield in the FA Cup in 1994 (and we won!)  Does that make Osman a good manager?

I'd say he wasn't a bad manager considering the players he was allowed to sign and those he was told to get rid of.

he went back to basics and got them defending, which is about all he could do with that rabble.  Not good to watch, upset the fans (or should I say the boards directives to Osman enforced the hatred towards him)  And he kept them in that division a season longer than a team of that stature really should have been capable of.

I'd say he wasn't a bad manager considering the players he was allowed to sign and those he was told to get rid of.

he went back to basics and got them defending, which is about all he could do with that rabble.  Not good to watch, upset the fans (or should I say the boards directives to Osman enforced the hatred towards him)  And he kept them in that division a season longer than a team of that stature really should have been capable of.

Indeed, Russell Osman - if given the resources - could have taken this club up. Russell Osman played for England and knew the game at a high level. The football wasn't pretty but he did well with the players available to him. Didn't we get our highest Championship finish under Osman prior to Gary Johnson taking us to 4th?

True, but By God, it was tedious watching them :(

Osman couldn't handle Jacki and told him to walk away from the club, and wasn't it him who didn't stand up to the board and allowed Andy Cole to be sold on the cheap?

Osman couldn't handle Jacki and told him to walk away from the club, and wasn't it him who didn't stand up to the board and allowed Andy Cole to be sold on the cheap?

And quite rightly so, Jackie was turning up for training and games pissed out of his head, great to watch but total liability.  Osman did the right thing and shipped him out.  Didn't Cole get sold a day or so before Osman was appointed manager, or is my mind foggy on that one?

he also got Atteveld chucked out of the club by paying a youth team player to keep hacking at Atteveld to get a reaction bad enough to get him out of the club.(this is a allegation from a then reserve team  player I knew)

Indeed, Russell Osman - if given the resources - could have taken this club up. Russell Osman played for England and knew the game at a high level. The football wasn't pretty but he did well with the players available to him. Didn't we get our highest Championship finish under Osman prior to Gary Johnson taking us to 4th?

Aye, around 12th 13th I think, (best for get the following season! Where did we finish Under Lumsden in the first season, 

And quite rightly so, Jackie was turning up for training and games pissed out of his head, great to watch but total liability.  Osman did the right thing and shipped him out.  Didn't Cole get sold a day or so before Osman was appointed manager, or is my mind foggy on that one?

he also got Atteveld chucked out of the club by paying a youth team player to keep hacking at Atteveld to get a reaction bad enough to get him out of the club.(this is a allegation from a then reserve team  player I knew)

Jacki was a liability, but IMO required someone with better management skills to handle him - Osman just wanted players to run back all the time and defend - he couldnt handle the talent.............a bit like GJ.

Atteveld got some stick back in the day, but if you watched him closely, he had a decent pass on him (especially back to our own goal :laugh:)

In hindsite, with Jacki, Atteveld & Cole all leaving, we just wasted money that the club didn't have.

Jacki was a liability, but IMO required someone with better management skills to handle him - Osman just wanted players to run back all the time and defend - he couldnt handle the talent.............a bit like GJ.

Atteveld got some stick back in the day, but if you watched him closely, he had a decent pass on him (especially back to our own goal :laugh:)

In hindsite, with Jacki, Atteveld & Cole all leaving, we just wasted money that the club didn't have.

Atteveld was trouble. he was never going to play, he was a point in case of manager and board not doing their homework.  John Bailey said when Atteveld left Everton they had a part in a Phone box for him!  he was a good player though, but is career only ever amounted to a rear of the year award once :)

Jackie, as much as he was talent was a waster and a drunk,  it got to the point when it didn't matter what was said to him, only one thing mattered and it was the drink, no manager would have got anything out of him, he was hell bent at pissing his life away at that point.  the story I heard he was turning up to training with his car full of sick, sick he hadn't bothered cleaning up, so there was sick on sick!  lovely!

Cole, great signing, good fee as well, just a shame about the sell on clause!

Atteveld was trouble. he was never going to play, he was a point in case of manager and board not doing their homework.  John Bailey said when Atteveld left Everton they had a part in a Phone box for him!  he was a good player though, but is career only ever amounted to a rear of the year award once :)

Jackie, as much as he was talent was a waster and a drunk,  it got to the point when it didn't matter what was said to him, only one thing mattered and it was the drink, no manager would have got anything out of him, he was hell bent at pissing his life away at that point.  the story I heard he was turning up to training with his car full of sick, sick he hadn't bothered cleaning up, so there was sick on sick!  lovely!

Cole, great signing, good fee as well, just a shame about the sell on clause!

if jacki was playing today he would never of played the level he actually did,

I loved jacki so entertaining

if jacki was playing today he would never of played the level he actually did,

I loved jacki so entertaining

Probably not. Still remember a picture on the back of the podt after the leicester game with him and bent togeter, jackie with his flabby gut out :laugh:.

Who knows, he may have made it, the rewards in yerms of money is grester now, may hsve made him knuckle down.

Still the most naturally gited player I have seen for city, or ever likely to. Just a shame he only ever did it in fits and starts. But even on yhe most dour of games he coukd light it up with a bit of magic. Still remember the ossie ardiles escape to victory flick, took two players out of the game on the dead ball line, put a beautiful cross over only for tanglefoot before his cheif reincarnation headed the ball over when it was easier to score.

Rose tinted memories definitely, but on his fsy, just wow!

Archived