IGNORED

Booing Is Our Way Of Supporting The Team

Major Isewater

Exactly.

Booing is like bullying.

It is for people who can only feel better about themselves by making others feel worse.

Then trying to justify it.

Booing helps no-one.

Silence however is a very powerful thing indeed.

I genuinely couldn't disagree more. I rarely boo our team, don't like it at all and haven't boo'ed them off the pitch in my life. However Ref's or seriously poor football have encouraged me to boo in the past (and on saturday.)

It is nothing more than an effective way for a large group to portray displeasure coherently. It wouldn't have the same effect if all stood and bellowed their own personal critique towards the pitch. The motivation is not to belittle or bully as you put it, it is to inform them that what they're doing isn't acceptable to a proportion of the paying support and that they want something to change. 

AG has been silent for years, and it hasn't had a powerful effect. Booing did on Sat. Aiden Flint was roundly boo'ed when he launched a series of long aimless balls into the opposition half and he subsequently stopped doing it until the last ten minutes when it we were desperate to score.

Which happened after the introduction of Reid.

I'm not having a og at Cotterill. I want him to be a success. I just don't want the facts to be forgotten. We were utter shite on Saturday before Reid was introduced and that was improved further by the introduction of Burns. He got two out of his three subs spot on (no idea why Shorey came on) and that's a big positive, one thing I would criticise SOD for was his subs which often didn't recognise the need for a change in impetus. Steve appears to be an improvement on that front.

The rest? We'll see.

What was clear from what SC said was either the players ignored or were incapable of carrying out the game plan that had been prepared and trained for.

I genuinely couldn't disagree more. I rarely boo our team, don't like it at all and haven't boo'ed them off the pitch in my life. However Ref's or seriously poor football have encouraged me to boo in the past (and on saturday.)

It is nothing more than an effective way for a large group to portray displeasure coherently. It wouldn't have the same effect if all stood and bellowed their own personal critique towards the pitch. The motivation is not to belittle or bully as you put it, it is to inform them that what they're doing isn't acceptable to a proportion of the paying support and that they want something to change. 

AG has been silent for years, and it hasn't had a powerful effect. Booing did on Sat. Aiden Flint was roundly boo'ed when he launched a series of long aimless balls into the opposition half and he subsequently stopped doing it until the last ten minutes when it we were desperate to score.

You can argue its intention but there's a reason why managers mention trying to get the home fans on their side's back. GJ did it all the time before big away games. The reaction it causes is rarely positive, McInnes said there was a fear of playing at Ashton Gate, I doubt it was because of the colour of the grass.

Archived