IGNORED

Stephen Mclaughin's Gone Back

westonred

Shame McLaughlin has gone back.  He's a direct winger, will run at his man all day, and delivers a decent cross, just what we need in my opinion.

I saw him in a couple of u21 games and he was the stand out performer.

Sadly looks like we've also given up on Chris Forrester, another Irish talent we had on trial.  I'd be happy to see these 2 in the starting line up for my club.  Shame this.

I will happily predict that letting these 2 lads go will come back to bite us.

Shame McLaughlin has gone back.  He's a direct winger, will run at his man all day, and delivers a decent cross, just what we need in my opinion.

Sadly looks like we've also given up on Chris Forrester, another Irish talent we had on trial.  I'd be happy to see these 2 in the starting line up for my club.  Shame this.

Have we let them go?

I thought McLaughlin's gone back with a knee injury and Forrester has signed a new contract with his club.

Cotterill said Mclaughlin would have been on the bench against Rotherham if fit, so must have impressed, don't know the reason Forrester didn't sign - perhaps he just didn't want to!!

Have we let them go?

I thought McLaughlin's gone back with a knee injury and Forrester has signed a new contract with his club.

Cotterill said Mclaughlin would have been on the bench against Rotherham if fit, so must have impressed, don't know the reason Forrester didn't sign - perhaps he just didn't want to!!

Fair enough on McLaughlin Noggers.

However, re Forrester, we had him if we wanted him, but the managerial change caused uncertainty.  He couldn't sign a contract with us til Jan, so I have no doubt in my mind that Cotterill doesn't want him so he's gone back to Pats and signed a new contract there.

Fair enough on McLaughlin Noggers.

However, re Forrester, we had him if we wanted him, but the managerial change caused uncertainty.  He couldn't sign a contract with us til Jan, so I have no doubt in my mind that Cotterill doesn't want him so he's gone back to Pats and signed a new contract there.

I didn't know that Harry, but can only assume we have limited scope for signings, and however promising Forrester may be, he wasn't seen as someone who could make an impact this season.

Maybe Cotterill thought it would take until next season before he was physically up to Div.3, or even 4 :doh:

Have you seen him play? He's 21 - would he have fitted into/strengthened our midfield straight away?

I didn't know that Harry, but can only assume we have limited scope for signings, and however promising Forrester may be, he wasn't seen as someone who could make an impact this season.

Maybe Cotterill thought it would take until next season before he was physically up to Div.3, or even 4 :doh:

Have you seen him play? He's 21 - would he have fitted into/strengthened our midfield straight away?

Scope for signings is looking ok for January I'd think.  Some of Fonts' wage is off the books, Killa is terminating his contract, O'Connor off the books, Shorey out of contract.  Plus we've left ourselves plenty in the tank in regards to the SCMP regs.

Yes I have seen Forrester play.  The only thing that will take time would be for him to get match fit, having ended his season in November and coming from a team which does not train full-time.  I'd be amazed if he played from Jan til May that he wouldn't end up with as many assists as JET - he has vision & technique, something we are lacking in wide area's.

Mclaughlin SOD brought him in and never played him, probably realised that Burt had lumbered him with one of those winger type players.

As for the other guy, you might be correct but I suspect in our present position that actually addressing the glaring 1st team problems in our relegation fight is a bigger priority.

Archived