IGNORED

City Fans Photo In The Daily Mail

In the Net

Scroll down to the bottom of this article, and there is a photo of City fans dressed as Santa, taken at Hillsborough in 1999.  Wondered if there were any forum members amongst this motley crew? :xmas:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2524946/George-Best-Andy-Gray-Tony-Adams-Golden-Years-Christmas-football-special.html#ixzz2nxsUPhnU

My old man is in that lot somewhere :)

So am i, but can't see myself in those pictures.

They only cover a couple of smallish sections of an end that was packed like that throughout.

I see Clough's assistant, Peter Taylor, is just above the flag on the 2nd photo.

Above the E in the Super City Robin banner, bloke with glasses..... blimey it really is a small World afterall, its...

Alan Whicker! ... he used to get about a bit in them days mind. :)

(thought it might have been Robin Day at first but that was just a crazy thought)

Yes, Whap, he came along with his mates Peter Tayor, in front, and Bjorn Borg, behind him.

All 3 became firm City fans in the run in to promotion and followed the team everywhere.

An unlikely trio it has to be said.

..a few more 'stars' of the day hidden in those 70's pics,

a couple of Bay City Rollers I reckon, ... & maybe the lead singer of Mud (singing Tiger Feet next to Super City bannerwith shades on) ...

some Wheres Wally impersonators spread around in various WW hats etc...

didn't know he was a City fan but the guy holding the St George flag looks suspiciously like a young Gary Lineker... (surely not) :)

Easter Eggs have shrunk somewhat over the years too, look at the size of some of them being held by fans...

mind you Curley Wurleys (sp) used to be a proper size then too - now, if you can still get 'em, you'd be lucky to get Short 'n Curley Wurleys ... Rip Off Britain - I blame the Brazilians. :)

(oops, that's balloons their holding innit..  tch,  silly me!)

Archived