IGNORED

Stadium Design

pigeon

I've just seen Coventry Citys stadium design:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-25460481

Seems to be a lot of new stadiums planned at the moment with QPR, Brentford etc.. and all of them seem (to me at least) far more impressive and more interesting than our plans.

To me, our plans seem very dull. One large stand poking out the top of a very square, old fashioned stadium. I'm not saying I want a souless bowl but something a bit more unique would be nice wouldn't it? Personally I really like the look of Brentfords design:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25249046

Now, before I get abuse hurled at me, this is only my opinion and I wanted to see how others felt as I know stadium design can be quite a touchy subject.

Thoughts?

Brentford's is a little more imaginative, but Coventry's is just another plain four sided stadium with executive boxes, that somebody has used a jigsaw to carve curves in the back of the stands ..... it's not nothing new - it's been done by Huddersfield, Bolton, Brighton, Man City and others.

Stadiums these days are far too similar to each other, whereas in the past they'd have idiosyncrasies and distinctive character.

Whether you look at either a redeveloped AG or a new AV....again it's nothing new :-(

I've just seen Coventry Citys stadium design:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-25460481

Seems to be a lot of new stadiums planned at the moment with QPR, Brentford etc.. and all of them seem (to me at least) far more impressive and more interesting than our plans.

To me, our plans seem very dull. One large stand poking out the top of a very square, old fashioned stadium. I'm not saying I want a souless bowl but something a bit more unique would be nice wouldn't it? Personally I really like the look of Brentfords design:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25249046

Now, before I get abuse hurled at me, this is only my opinion and I wanted to see how others felt as I know stadium design can be quite a touchy subject.

Thoughts?

Don't pretend to know the full details behind the mess that is Coventry City but what is happening to the Ricoh and why are they proposing a new stadium, especially one that isn't actually in Cov ?!

Because they don't own the Ricoh and are in dispute with its owners - of whom Coventry City Council are the largest stakeholder - over unpaid rent. And we thought our council was anti-football!

Anyway, new grounds anywhere seem to run into trouble these days. Brentford's plans have been opposed by a "residents group". They've already had to modify them once, losing many of the moneymakers from the redevelopment.

What law ?

It isn't illegal to stand at a football match as far as I am aware ? 

I thought its just a safety issue imposed by football authorities and local authorities ?

Maybe I am wrong but I understand Cardiff fans stand in designated parts of their ground as do others around the country after reaching agreement with the authorities. If we have safe standing installed I see no reason why we couldn't use it straight away.

Link on the legalities of standing at football http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/the-legalities-of-standing/

Ashton Vale is superior to Ashton Gate for many reasons but not least of all the architecture. It has a unique look that I would be proud to call home. The redevelopment plans, safe standing aside, are generic and anonymous. It is a depressing compromise in my book.

When the inevitable announcement is made to ditch Ashton Vale, it'll be a sad day for the club and a terrible reflection on backwards Bristol.

Ashton Vale is superior to Ashton Gate for many reasons but not least of all the architecture. It has a unique look that I would be proud to call home. The redevelopment plans, safe standing aside, are generic and anonymous. It is a depressing compromise in my book.

When the inevitable announcement is made to ditch Ashton Vale, it'll be a sad day for the club and a terrible reflection on backwards Bristol.

Agree 100%, but how long (if we are first) would we be alone with safe standing if standing comes back for long. Soon it would be nothing special 

I know we won't legally be allowed to use the safe standing until the law changes, But I can almost guarantee that people who buy tickets for those seats will be rarely using them, Just like the EE now

Archived