IGNORED

My Opinion

LSN

This is just my opinion on the goings on about this week:

First of all, I think the board have been planning this for a while now. If Danny failed this year, they would replace him with their first choice being Tinnion. A great guy, an honest player hopefully an honest manager.

I agree with the sacking of Danny Wilson. Yes, he has brought in quality young players but he does not use them to their full potential. Wilsons biggest mistakes were to be too narrow minded and was not flexible enough in his opinions. Examples of this are the consistency of playing players in wrong positions. Just because Mickey Bell can play Left Back and Left Midfield at a decent standard, doesn't mean that any other left back can play Left Midfield ie Woodman. Burnell is another example, great player to have if your hanging on to a game being 1-0 up, but going forward is not his strong point, Danny would not change the tactics quick enough to influence the game.

Timing of the appointment of Tinnion may be a little soon. But I feel the board have acted sensibly. When I first heard of Danny being sacked, I felt that an outsider would be a better option, but with the names being brandished upon the web, none interest me one bit (except Strachan but that was never going to happen). I also thought that it was too early for Tinnion. I felt that he would be ideal for an assistant manager, to understand the managerial game for the future. But after thinking about this, why isn't this a good time for Tinnion to step right into it?

People are saying it's too early, but when is it too early? Tinnion wont be going into a job without knowing anyone, the club, the board, the staff, he will be going into this pretty much knowing everything there is to be known. All he has to worry about now is playing the players in a shape where it will get us up a division. Hopefully, Tinnions idea of how to play is hopefully the way he likes to play himself. Wide open formation with plenty of options across the middle. He must have noticed the way Danny helped us strengthen the back 4 over these years as he has always stated that he would someday like to become a manager so he would have no doubt took it all in. Danny was a defensive player and a manager wth a defensive mind. Now, with Tinnion obviously learning from Danny of how to defend, Tinnion can now show the players how he attacks, how Tinnion likes football to be played.

I am rather excited. We all know how Dennis Wise has got on, Dowie at Palace, these all went into the jobs at a reasonably young age and have shown what they know by playing succesfull football.

I do hope Tinnion has took in how Danny employed our system to defend, because with this knowledge plus his knowledge of attacking, it may create a winning formula. I would be glad to see Fawthrop in the frame aswell. He showed us when he took over after the Pulis era that he knows how football (especially at city) should be played.

I do feel with Tinnion we may opt for going back to our 3-5-2 formation. This is how Tinnion played at his best - hopefully noticing that Wilkshire may become a similar influential player like himself. I hope he uses our flanking options well. We have quality wingers. Absolutely outstanding wingers for division two. Brown, Murray and Goodfellow at their best can be the deciding factors next season. Lets use them for gods sake. With Wilson it was too narrow. 4-4-2 was not using our wingers well enough.

I wish him all the best. I have changed my mind from last night about this appointent in a positive way. Tinnion is suited to this role, I sure hope he brings decent attacking football back to the gate - the type we have been missing for a few seasons.

Walking in a Tinnion wonderland.

Archived