IGNORED

David Coleman

glynriley

Ohh, what a shame, he was so much a part of many of our Saturday afternoons back in the day RIP DC ...

(oddlt I was literally only thinking a couple of hours ago if only the TV stations could bring back something similar to good old Grandstand & World Of Sport - both really were good Saturday afternoon traditional viewing.. they had something 'sport-wise' for everyone.. rallying, wrestling, show jumping, bike racing as well as football - they covered the lot and even the theme tunes were so familiar throughout the country.... waiting for the results etc was always a belly tingling experience too, it all seemed so much more 'real' & exciting back then, obscure items on odd sports that may or may not be of interest preceded or followed by something you (or your dad, or your mum & maybe even your gran (usually wrestling for gran on itv) all wanted to see or listen to ) miss them shows)

Cheers David ... thanks for the memories.

I will always recall that my Dad and I would sit down most weeks and watch "Sportsnight with Coleman". The highlight was always that Pa would make a nice big Chocolate or Treacle steam pud with Custard for the occasion.
Ah memories !!   Thanks Mr Coleman

Didn't he host "Quizball" as well ?

Archived