IGNORED

On Way Home

I BELIEVE

One word - gutted.

A huge game, and 2 precious points stolen at last minute. It was not the best game of football I will admit but i thought we were outstanding at the back and dealt with everything they threw at us, as we held strong when we were under constant pressure 2nd half.

Thought we deserved our lead and had some excellent chances before the goal, which from my view was a hard one to call but looked soft penalty.

We sat back 2nd half and tried to hit on the counter so county naturally saw a lot of the ball. We looked solid and threw bodies on the line at times and restricted them to shots from range.

The ref lost control of the game after about 30 mins and he was a joke, and their pen was a shocking decision. He was looking for excuses to even ot up and if refs gave pens for that sort of foul every game, then every corner would result in a penalty. Cotteril lost it with him on the pitch after the whistle.

Maybe in hindsight should have gone for the killer 2nd

Sums up our season,

Ratings:

Parish - 7

Carey - 8

Flint - 7

Williams - 8

Cunningham - 7

Pack - 7

Gillett - 7

Reid - 7

Wagstaff -7

JET - 6

Baldock - 7

On to Walsall

As other people have also said I think dropping JET to the bench will benefit us for 1 reason the team will have to pick their game up as I believe they always think he'll produce something to save us, also think he'll up his game from missing out for couple games & when brought on will hopefully do something.

That's my idea anyway.

Just wanted to know if the subs were the right or wrong thing, did our subs impacted on the game in any way, was it down to the use of subs that we lost the game, was he using these trying to hang on to the game, yeah sorry, so many questions :-)

At the time we agreed the subs were the right call because he took Reid and Gillett off as we were beginning to get overrun in midfield. Looking back they might be seen as nagative but seemed right at the time. Tbh Elliot is a muppet for even slightly holding the player considering what happened in first half but jeez what an aweful decision.

Can't disagree with the op much. Thought we contained County well leaving them to long range shots and parish with little to really do.

The failings were up front on the counter, baldock really is as bad as Sprule used to be at one on ones. We probably had three situations at least that you would expect to score with various players.

Thought Williams was superb and looks a real find. We missed chances as stated and sat back but work in Notts and not one person after the game who were.at that end of the ground knew what the pen was for. First time that JET really annoyed me today as camnot choose his moods as to whether he. Plays or not in the int the situation we are in. Thought Pack was appalling and Reid/Gillett were taken off so strange.

I have to say I am very disapointed with Baldock.I thought he would be knocking them in for fun at this level.But simply does not produce at this level for us.Oh to have Jon Stead back.

10 by Christmas isn't too shabby fot a team rooted to the bottom.

Misses too many easy chances though.

Still a far better strike rate than run around alot stead. And that is what both of them do.

Thought Williams 70 yard second half was superb and was unlucky not to score. Thought we could of got pen at end when wagstaff went through appeared there guy pulled him back, but way ref was today no way was he giving it.

Carey was outstanding at back, took a booking first half when there player got free which our midfield should do.

Pack stayed deep whilst gillett moved forward, when Marv came on pack went further forward and looked a bit lost.

Only wish Baldock would score more 1 on 1 chances.

Williams was superb and very nearly could have had a goal of the season at one point! A league one centre back not worried to bring the ball out- think we will struggle to hold on to him.

Should have been out of sight at half time even without what seemed like a soft penalty and tried to play on the counter in the second half. If it hadn't been for what seemed another soft penalty we may have been talking about a very professional away performance.

Even ignoring the penalties the ref had a shocker and turned what was quite an enjoyable game into a shambles of bookings and soft free kicks.

People knocking Jet & Baldock despite the fact that they have 25 goals between them this season, the real criticism should fall on the shambolic defence who continue to leak late goals, that is where the problems lie, when the pressure is on they are gutless, we'd be in the top half if the game finished on 80 minutes but it seems our defence don't have the mental strength to see a game out.    

Defensively I thought we were very good and we did look solid. It wasn't the best attacking display but JET did send Baldock through one-on-one (of course he couldn't score) and we had a few half-chances. It was a tale of two shit teams and the standard wasn't great. It was fiercely competitive and quite an enjoyable game in that sense.

Compared to last week's shambles of a first-half it was nice to see us start positively but due to conceding so late on it does feel like 2 very important points dropped. 

• Admin

People knocking Jet & Baldock despite the fact that they have 25 goals between them this season, the real criticism should fall on the shambolic defence who continue to leak late goals, that is where the problems lie, when the pressure is on they are gutless, we'd be in the top half if the game finished on 80 minutes but it seems our defence don't have the mental strength to see a game out.

Is it reasonable to call the defence shambolic today, apart from a penalty that only the ref knows why he gave it, they held firm.

Just wanted to know if the subs were the right or wrong thing, did our subs impacted on the game in any way, was it down to the use of subs that we lost the game, was he using these trying to hang on to the game, yeah sorry, so many questions :-)

Our subs were put on to keep county out which they did, all be it for a ridiculous penalty decision which im sure no one knows the reason for being given.

Is it reasonable to call the defence shambolic today, apart from a penalty that only the ref knows why he gave it, they held firm.

Shambolic to give away a penalty in the 90th minute when the ref is itching to even the scores, and of course i'm not just talking about today i'm talking about the fact that we have only kept 1 clean sheet all season and the fact we have let in so many late goals also up to this weekend no team in the bottom half had scored more goals than us which just shows how poor our defence are, i just dont get the stick Baldock & Jet get while no-one seems to aim much criticism at the defence, as far as i'm concerned the 2 strikers are doing their job but are being let down by others.    

• Admin

Shambolic to give away a penalty in the 90th minute when the ref is itching to even the scores, and of course i'm not just talking about today i'm talking about the fact that we have only kept 1 clean sheet all season and the fact we have let in so many late goals also up to this weekend no team in the bottom half had scored more goals than us which just shows how poor our defence are, i just dont get the stick Baldock & Jet get while no-one seems to aim much criticism at the defence, as far as i'm concerned the 2 strikers are doing their job but are being let down by others.

I wasn't there, but the youtube clip doesn't show it as a shambolic giveaway of a penalty, but that aside, you're right, good teams are built on a sound defensive foundation and our foundation has been built by Bodgit and Scarper. We can only hope that Cotterill can underpin the foundation in January, at least well enough to keep us up.

Archived