IGNORED

Crowd Power

RedM

From listening to the radio commentary it seems the crowd were instrumental in getting a point for Notts Country, and ultimately costing us all 3 ? From the moment their player was subbed off after being hurt by Cunningham the crowd were on the refs back. This got worse when they thought we had been harshly awarded a penalty. Even the radio commentators thought the penalty awarded to them, after loads of yellow cards for both sides, seemed like the ref was trying to even things up.

I don't know if this was the case but there is nothing more to get a crowd wound up than feeling hard done by a bad decision. The crowd got behind the team and they went on to get a precious point. They turned fom being frustrated with the team to being united behind the team and against us and the ref.

I would like us to show the same belief and support, maybe our team will respond. It doesnt sound like they were lack lustre today, just victims to stronger home support and a ref that caved in to pressure. I hope we can make some noise, positive noise, for the next 2 games when we should have home advantage.

From listening to the radio commentary it seems the crowd were instrumental in getting a point for Notts Country, and ultimately costing us all 3 ? From the moment their player was subbed off after being hurt by Cunningham the crowd were on the refs back. This got worse when they thought we had been harshly awarded a penalty. Even the radio commentators thought the penalty awarded to them, after loads of yellow cards for both sides, seemed like the ref was trying to even things up.

I don't know if this was the case but there is nothing more to get a crowd wound up than feeling hard done by a bad decision. The crowd got behind the team and they went on to get a precious point. They turned fom being frustrated with the team to being united behind the team and against us and the ref.

I would like us to show the same belief and support, maybe our team will respond. It doesnt sound like they were lack lustre today, just victims to stronger home support and a ref that caved in to pressure. I hope we can make some noise, positive noise, for the next 2 games when we should have home advantage.

Actually we definitely do have home advantage :innocent06:

Actually we definitely do have home advantage :innocent06:

Well yes, we are at home, but lets make sure we have the advantage. We have 3 points locked in our dressing room, lets not let any other team just walk in and just take them. If they want them they have to fight us for them, they are that precious guard them like the family silver!

Listening to the radio commentary it seems Marvin Elliott cost us 2 points through being stupid.

• Admin

The nice liberal attitude has infected the Gate for a few years now, I've said it before, we don't give the officials stick, we don't give the opposition stick and then wonder why we get turned over and never seem to get those 'homer' decisions that clubs with a hostile atmosphere get.

Even in what used to vocal and hostile parts of the ground you hear our fans gently agreeing with offside decisions against us instead of, as used to happen, continually berate the linesmen and give stick for shit decisions ( even if they were right), in the end many of them cave into constant pressure.

Far, far too nice, the Ashton Gate liberal teashop, thats what it's become, apart from a few youngsters who'd rather give it large at travelling fans and sing about the sags. If they put as much effort into making the atmosphere hostile for the opposition and the officials, it might give us the old fortress Ashton Gate back.

I would agree. The county fans were impressive today, considering how poor they have had it over the years created a decent atmosphere. They were booing the ref over every decision he gave to us (even the obviously correct ones) so no doubt that had a bairing on the awful penalty decision. Mind you I think ours was probably equally as awful.

The nice liberal attitude has infected the Gate for a few years now, I've said it before, we don't give the officials stick, we don't give the opposition stick and then wonder why we get turned over and never seem to get those 'homer' decisions that clubs with a hostile atmosphere get.

Even in what used to vocal and hostile parts of the ground you hear our fans gently agreeing with offside decisions against us instead of, as used to happen, continually berate the linesmen and give stick for shit decisions ( even if they were right), in the end many of them cave into constant pressure

Far, far too nice, the Ashton Gate liberal teashop, thats what it's become, apart from a few youngsters who'd rather give it large at travelling fans and sing about the sags. If they put as much effort into making the atmosphere hostile for the opposition and the officials, it might give us the old fortress Ashton Gate back.

Archived