IGNORED

The Taciturn Genius Returns, With His Mates, All Joyless & Untriumphant

Yes, in with my Christmas card this morning, the Taciturn one included a transcript of his chat, post Notts Co, with his pals Tactless, Tacit and Tacitus, everyone of them a genius. Here's what they thought about our dire situation after yesterday's 1:1 draw...

Tactless Genius: "People in Syria think they've got it bad. They want to try being a City fan

Tacit Genius: I think it is clear what will happen, how this season will pan out.

Tactile Genius: It's all rather grim. We must all pull together. How about a huddle?

Tacitus Genius: Non omnis moriar. Dum vita est spes est. Et cetera."

Then they all discussed what Steve Cotts needs to do to save our skin,

Tactless: "He needs to get run over by a bus, or just f@#& off and die, so we can get someone in charge who isn't a dopey Glos bumpkin. Mind, not someone with a runny, sniffy nose...unless it's Nigella Lawson

Tactile: Steve needs to work out who needs an arm around their shoulder, who needs a kick up the arse, who needs a pat on the back. Then he must roll his sleeves up and really get hands-on with the boys. Oh, and they must hold hands, stick together. Plus, work on their first touch

Tacitus: Ad infinitum. Et cetera.

Tacit: I think it is all very clear what needs to happen. It goes without saying.

Tacitus: Fortes et strenuos etiam contra fortunam, timidos et ignoros ad desperationem formidine properare. Sortus it outus, Cottus, tu es a tool, or jogum on. Et cetera

Taciturn: We are buggered."

Well, there you have it. The thoughts of the Geniuseseses. More from them next week. But we really need to hear from The Tactickle Genius more than ever. TG, where are you?

Les

(*Fair play to Tacitus. He never had a clue who Stevie Cotts is, or about 442, 352. But he needed no introduction to the rules and the dos and donts of the forum. Etc...)

Les (if I may call you that?) - I think you might be on to something here.

These people are your tactical geniuses....but do they get anywhere near the players?

The last time we had someone who spoke like that anywhere near the dressing room was good old Joe Jordan.

Never understood a word he said - and I'm sure the players didn't either.

And look how well we did then.

And is it any co-incidence that all the top Premiership sides have foreign managers?

Could you have a word with our Mr Cotts (you must have some clout still at the Gate?) and suggest that he sticks to the press conferences, and leaves the team talks and the tactics to these three??

Yes, in with my Christmas card this morning, the Taciturn one included a transcript of his chat, post Notts Co, with his pals Tactless, Tacit and Tacitus, everyone of them a genius. Here's what they thought about our dire situation after yesterday's 1:1 draw...

Tactless Genius: "People in Syria think they've got it bad. They want to try being a City fan

Tacit Genius: I think it is clear what will happen, how this season will pan out.

Tactile Genius: It's all rather grim. We must all pull together. How about a huddle?

Tacitus Genius: Non omnis moriar. Dum vita est spes est. Et cetera."

Then they all discussed what Steve Cotts needs to do to save our skin,

Tactless: "He needs to get run over by a bus, or just f@#& off and die, so we can get someone in charge who isn't a dopey Glos bumpkin. Mind, not someone with a runny, sniffy nose...unless it's Nigella Lawson

Tactile: Steve needs to work out who needs an arm around their shoulder, who needs a kick up the arse, who needs a pat on the back. Then he must roll his sleeves up and really get hands-on with the boys. Oh, and they must hold hands, stick together. Plus, work on their first touch

Tacitus: Ad infinitum. Et cetera.

Tacit: I think it is all very clear what needs to happen. It goes without saying.

Tacitus: Fortes et strenuos etiam contra fortunam, timidos et ignoros ad desperationem formidine properare. Sortus it outus, Cottus, tu es a tool, or jogum on. Et cetera

Taciturn: We are buggered."

Well, there you have it. The thoughts of the Geniuseseses. More from them next week. But we really need to hear from The Tactickle Genius more than ever. TG, where are you?

Les

(*Fair play to Tacitus. He never had a clue who Stevie Cotts is, or about 442, 352. But he needed no introduction to the rules and the dos and donts of the forum. Etc...)

perdidisti marmora

Bloody hell! Mr Gove will be thrilled to learn tomorrow morning that BCFC's premier, top top forum, One Otib In Bristol, is keeping the classics alive! Have that, Oxbridge! We could put together a mob for the next Universally Challenged: Aizoon, Dorse, RedOxo, and even bloody Riley, surprising us all there! And Eye'tie Dave on the subs bench. But it's all Greek to me boys; it's all the Taciturn G's doing, nothing to do with me.

With men like these, there is yet hope for us all. Nil desperandum!

Les (if I may call you that?) - I think you might be on to something here.These people are your tactical geniuses....but do they get anywhere near the players?The last time we had someone who spoke like that anywhere near the dressing room was good old Joe Jordan.Never understood a word he said - and I'm sure the players didn't either.And look how well we did then.And is it any co-incidence that all the top Premier League sides have foreign managers?Could you have a word with our Mr Cotts (you must have some clout still at the Gate?) and suggest that he sticks to the press conferences, and leaves the team talks and the tactics to these three??

I'd love to get involved, Dave, but right now I'm busy, busy with Christmas prep. I'll ask the Taciturn G when I see him next, but you know what he's like - he won't have much to say on this. I'd like to see Tacitus down there, alongside Cotts, though. See how that goes. I think Tac has been to Cheltenham Spa before....

Unfortunately festive activities stopped me from filing a dossier ahead of our marvellous 1-1 away win at Nottingham *****.

But I will be back to share with you, in advance, how we will waste Walsall. Yes me, the Tactical Genius, will be back to instruct you on all that is tactical in the game.

Please do not disagree with me, I am a humble man, but I am always right so save yourself the embarrassment.

Anything you want to know about football tactics and formations feel free to ask and i'll inform you.

I probably predicted it a few years back, i was right then and even more right now. For this is my triumphant return.

Can we not knock it? LINESMAN

Archived