IGNORED

Battlefield 4

Smokey

Has anyone who plays battlefield 4 not had any problems? Ive been trying to play it on xbox 360 and its got to the point where ive had enough and want a refund. I know a few of you said you were gonna get it for the PS4 and i was wondering it was the same on that platform or bette? Me and my friends keep getting crashes, corrupt save data and I even was stupid enough to buy the China Rising DLC and i cant use it. Every time I try to join a China Rising server im met with a buy DLC message and cant join. Theres no denying that when it works well its really fun but its getting it to work fine which is the problem. Oh and merry christmas my fellow reds

Im really tempted not to bother with an Xbox one or PS4 and go to PC but my main worry is playing mouse and keyboard. Im not sure if ill be able to get the hang of it quickly. I have a mac so i would have to buy a new PC, roughly how much would i have to spend to be able to run games like battlefield?

With a PC you can just buy a component every year and it will be forever up-to-date and compatible. The versatility is also better.. The downside of course is the initial expense and space.. But we'll worth it if you play a lot of games.. Once up and running though it is a cheap enough option.

How long would it last before i had to start upgrading parts? Sorry for the noob question

If you go for an AMD processor you can safely say you'll be upgrading far less than intel because the sockets of the processors hardly change. Intel tend to change a design everytime a new chip comes out. AMD are cheaper too and their really isn't that much of a noticeable difference in performance. Some will tell you there is but I have ran both and hardly notice a difference.

Your biggest spend should be on a graphics card, try and go for a later model if you can afford it. You'll never be up to date with graphics cards though, they seem to bring out a slightly better card every few months.

If you want to play the latest games you'll need to upgrade the graphics card every couple of years, or you'll find that you will be playing games with the settings on lower details.

On PS4 it is better than it was but still certainly has stability issues. It sounds worse on XBox but for every couple of hours of gameplay on PS4 you can expect at least 1 crash.

PC is always best if you have the money and a little bit of knowledge. They are far more user friendly to the masses than they used to be.

Archived