IGNORED

Available Strikers

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

What about that 17 yo kiddie that all the big clubs are scouting from Kilmarnock I think. Forget his name but apparently the next messi if you believe that.

Would get more playing time here over any of the big clubs if he is good enough...

I assume you mean Greg Kiltie?  Not sure he's the next Messi, but he's certainly highly praised.

However, I don't think we're in the position to bring in a 16 year old from another Country who hasn't started a game in the SPL and expect him to settle in to a League 1 relegation scrap.

Good one to sign for the future though - but he's not for the now.

Yes I meant Ryan Gauld and yes, as most due to transfer window coming up, I am suffering from football anger syndrome. But all the same, why not attempt to sign him?

Gauld is already well out of our league.  Real Madrid have been watching him.  Plus he's played pretty much every game for Dundee Utd this season so is not a viable loan option.  We'd have to buy him, and he would cost a lot more than we can afford.

Cheers Harry, that's all I needed to know. I suggested him because although he may be being watched by big clubs, doesn't necessarily mean he will go to one. I believe john fleck was touted as next Wayne Rooney and fletcher at Sunderland was tracked by Madrid but nothing came of it. He is young and if good enough could play for us. Also coming from the Scottish league and being in very early development stage of his career, I can't see his sale value being beyond 1.5 mill.

If you put into perspective assombalonga cost that and we were in for him it is not unattainable. It was crazy not to buy assombalonga for 1.2 mill as his sell on value will be in the region of 4mill at the very least based on his capabilities. We definately missed a trick there.

Alas, realism kicks in where the board is concerned as they will not spend decent money anymore. That's where our ambition stops

I'm not connected to anyone of any importance at the club so suggestions would fall on deaf ears and forum members suggesting how absurd the ideas are. I do enjoy scouting for young footballing prospects however

If you ever come up with anything interesting and "off the radar" so to speak, send me a Personal Message.  If it passes my due diligence I have ways and means of getting this on to the club!

Guy madjo is still a free agent! Realistic shout surely? Would be the physical presence we need!

Or David somma, banged in the goals for leeds a few seasons ago, and is still on a free, has a bit of experience which is what we need?

Davide Somma did some pretty nasty knee damage at Leeds under Warnock. Don't think he could be the same player he was.

Archived