IGNORED

John Atyeo Strike Rate

Aizoon

One for the stattos:

We all know that Big John scored 350 in 645 competitive games for City, and a little maths makes that a 54.3% strike rate.

Does anyone know in what proportion of his games he scored?

It's obviously less than that, because I know he scored a 5 and a 4, and any number of hat-tricks and doubles. I'd guess it would be about 40%; certainly it would be unusual for him to go two home games without scoring.

Does anybody here know, though?

Big John scored in 259 of his 645 appearances

In 187 games he scored once, in 56 games twice, 13 hat tricks, in two games 4 times, and once 5 times. A total of 351 goals

So that's 40.1% of games. I guessed 40%, which isn't bad ;)

Any idea what his home ratio was?

Thanks very much. Near enough a goal every two home games, which is how I remember it. Bloody amazing!

i knew an old boy who hated atyeo he apparently along with others played bad on purpose to get a manager sacked resulting in us getting relegated! I wasn't around back then so anyone else confirm?

P.s I have no ill feeling about big john just wondered that is all!

i knew an old boy who hated atyeo he apparently along with others played bad on purpose to get a manager sacked resulting in us getting relegated! I wasn't around back then so anyone else confirm?

P.s I have no ill feeling about big john just wondered that is all!

This was the Peter Doherty era. City's worst ever manager bar none and Harry Dolman's one big mistake.

Archived