IGNORED

Simon Gillett

Lack of Action Man

Suprised there's no discussion thread for this lad as I thought he was top drawer today. Really pleasing to see someone who can pass the ball accurately: not just in the right direction but the judgement of pace on the ball was good. And he's certainly proven my initial worries about his strength wrong, he battled well all game.

'd like us to keep him on once the loan expires, but I'd also have to hope that he doesn't go the same way as some of the loan signings we've made permanent and inexplicably become crap.

Suprised there's no discussion thread for this lad as I thought he was top drawer today. Really pleasing to see someone who can pass the ball accurately: not just in the right direction but the judgement of pace on the ball was good. And he's certainly proven my initial worries about his strength wrong, he battled well all game.

'd like us to keep him on once the loan expires, but I'd also have to hope that he doesn't go the same way as some of the loan signings we've made permanent and inexplicably become crap.

Very impressed with Gillett today. His best game by far. He was very busy and is one of the few players in the team that retains possession and rarely loses it.

He's a player who does a lot of things that go unnoticed but he can do a bit on the ball as well. Would like it if his loan is extended.

Similar to Steve Galliers for those who saw him play...

I think this is why I quite like Gillett. I don't think he is half as hard as Galliers was, but then again his passing is more refined! Gillett had a great game today, for the smallest bloke on the pitch he certainly has a go at winning a fair few headers too. Also he seems to link up well with Wagstaff and drive the play foward, quick to pick out a pass and get moving. I hope we extend both his and Osbournes loans.

The lad put in one hell of a shift today. He was still chasing balls into the corner in the last five minutes when he must have been exhausted.

He was my MOTM today.

Great professionalism at the end keeping the ball up over in the corner by Walsall's end for the FIVE (seriously where he get 5!!) mins of added time.

I agree. I think Gillett just edged MOTM for me today over Cunningham & Flint. 

Also, absolutely clueless as to where the got those 5 minutes from? Complete joke but we dealt with it professionally and looked in control.

Was a tad anonymous in the first half, but as for the second - what can I say - superb!

Justifies SOD bringing him in 100% and I speak as someone hitherto unimpresed with the lad.

If he can replicate that performance - and we can keep him for the rest of the season - the pocket dynamo could be crucial in getting us into escape trajectory.

Archived