IGNORED

Nicky Shorey

Lack of Action Man

Absolutely shocking and surely his last game. Clearly had a quality career with England cap to boot and thought he was a great addition but not seen anything positive all season. Good luck Nicky and maybe time to pack it in and let people remember you for the good times.

I've been massively disappointed by Shorey and thought he was terrible again first half. However, I thought he was a lot better second half. He got on the ball more and started ticking us over a bit. Thought it was a bit harsh that he got taken off when he did, but as SC alluded to he probably just isn't fit.

I've been massively disappointed by Shorey and thought he was terrible again first half. However, I thought he was a lot better second half. He got on the ball more and started ticking us over a bit. Thought it was a bit harsh that he got taken off when he did, but as SC alluded to he probably just isn't fit.

Shorey's a passer, not a runner, and Cotterill sensibly decided the best way to keep Walsall at bay was to bring on some fresh legs and run the ball into their half. A refreshingly aggressive way to keep a lead and one that kept the crowd as vocal as I've heard all season. Well done SC and well done lads.

As for Shorey, his days are more numbered than an advent calendar - especially as he must cost a bit.

Archived