IGNORED

Malkay Mckay Relieved Of His Duties

BristolGFXCity

Any manager with any shred of self respect and loyalty would shun the Cardiff job ..... .

A lot of managers will think that this is a great job. Guaranteed sack after a fairly short period of employment leading to a big pay-off.

Hang about here - one point off the relegation zone,  having spent a load of money and getting stuffed at home you can see how the manager could be under threat . I definitely don 't like Vincent Tan and his ilk, but he might be right if he thought that Mackay had taken Cardiff as far as he could.  Remember the outrage last year when Adkins was sacked from Southampton - with hindsight now you'd have to say that that was a good decision.

Hang about here - one point off the relegation zone, having spent a load of money and getting stuffed at home you can see how the manager could be under threat . I definitely don 't like Vincent Tan and his ilk, but he might be right if he thought that Mackay had taken Cardiff as far as he could. Remember the outrage last year when Adkins was sacked from Southampton - with hindsight now you'd have to say that that was a good decision.

True.. Same could be said with Steve McClaren at Derby. Clough wasn't exactly doing a horrendous job and was deemed unfairly sacked by most Derby fans. They're flying now.

Hang about here - one point off the relegation zone, having spent a load of money and getting stuffed at home you can see how the manager could be under threat . I definitely don 't like Vincent Tan and his ilk, but he might be right if he thought that Mackay had taken Cardiff as far as he could. Remember the outrage last year when Adkins was sacked from Southampton - with hindsight now you'd have to say that that was a good decision.

I also thought too much was being made of McKay's 'spirit' about not quitting...wasn't he just waiting for his nice little pay off?! Nice little lump sum plus a new gig somewhere...must be great being a football manager.

A lot of managers will think that this is a great job. Guaranteed sack after a fairly short period of employment leading to a big pay-off.

Exactly. No doubting Malky did a good job but they've won 3 of their last 17 and spent a shedload last summer, but because of Tan his reputation is pristine.

I dislike Cardiff anyway but I can't wait for them to get relegated now. Football has got itself into a right mess with all these absolutely clueless foreign owners expecting instant success & disregarding traditions & fans. The Cardiff owner Leslie Chow is an absolute clown. The way he has come out & tried to defend himself is pathetic. Safe to say Mackay will go on and get a better job & has come out of this better than Chow.

Archived