IGNORED

Baldock's Missus, Jet's Engine, Flaky Flint's F*#@ Ups, Goalkeeping Gaffes, Wherever You Look...

...there's not one player who hasn't got weaknesses, room for improvement, costly errors they wish they could erase. A bit more to give (except Louis). This is the case at Arsenal, Accrington, and everyone inbetween.

SOD made mistakes and had room for improvement. Same will be true of Cotts. And the bloke that follows these two at the Gate. Even most minted blokes owning football club's are getting it wrong most of the time. According to less minted blokes on football forums.

Collectively, we have conceded too many goals, not scored enough, drawn too many, lost too many, not won enough. Collectively, we will put this right. Or, possibly not. We shall see.

Still, it's something to talk about, isn't it?

It has been lovely getting to know you all - you stattos, geeks, nerds, keyboard worriers, diehards, meat-heads, ciderheads, knobheads, happy-clappers, "tools," "cocks," morons, nay-sayers, doubters, loyalists, optimists, pessimists, realists, swankers, wags, wits, tits, birds, babes, chicks, chaps, and, of course, Dollys (there's only one), the whole funky farmyard community on here. Shine on you crazy Otib BCFC diamond browsers.

But now it is time for old Les to "jog on."

I'll still be, most weeks (while they still remember me and let me in for nothing) in the VIP seats in the Willies, keeping an eye on Baldock's misses, everybody's missus, but remembering dear old SOD's wise words, about JET but that which we might apply to all the boys, one of those times he told us like it is, or like he wanted it to be "is" : "Look at what he can do, not at what he can't do." Or trying to do this. It's a challenge with Marv, but a noble and worthy NY resolution.

Happy New Year. Up the City. You Reds.

*(I might be with you again, some day. In some way. Probably shortly after this afternoon's festive over-indulgence wears off. Or once the warm, blissful haze of two consecutive wins [including a Christmas stuffing of Stevenage! Stevenage- we beat Stevenage! 4:1!!] melts away. Will either last much into January, beyond 4.50pm Wednesday?)

• Admin

Sorry to be pedantic old chap, but wouldn't "the case at Arsenal, Yeovil and everyone in between" be a more alpabetically encompassing phrase.

Or if it were from top to bottom, it could be "the case at Arsenal, Northampton and everyone in between". That being a factual overview of current football league standings.

Yours

A festive pedant.

Sorry to be pedantic old chap, but wouldn't "the case at Arsenal, Yeovil and everyone in between" be a more alpabetically encompassing phrase.

Or if it were from top to bottom, it could be "the case at Arsenal, Northampton and everyone in between". That being a factual overview of current football league standings.

Yours

A festive pedant.

I was thinking of whoever is bottom of the pile. Is it Northampton? It could've been, "Arse to Rovers" and just left out the other three. Thanks Maesk. Add "Pedants" to the list of browsers above if you like...

Or Carlisle - Plymouth and everything in between if you wanted to do it geographically. Just an idea, like. Might want to think about it? Up to you really..

And why are you buggering off?

I'm not. I'm "jogging on." Time for me to "do one." To "SOD off." Before some "tool" on here tells me to. And not before time.

You want some? Yeah, want some do you? What stand you in?? Do you like it hot??

(Tasty, CCR81, thanks for asking. Complemented the dry old bird on Christmas Day like Sam and JET complemented each other yesterday)

Hey behave, we're all in the same gravy-boat together aren't we? ... no room for lad-le-ish behaviour in the stands. (meat up in the walkway behind the EE for that sort of thing, innit? )

Archived