IGNORED

Marlon Harewood

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

Seemed like a top bloke and you could never accuse him of giving it anything other than his best, but really seemed a poor player.

Had his chance against Wycombe to push for a starting place and he was awful, truly terrible. I thought he was good first half against Rovers and there were a couple of promising cameos from the bench, but in the main he was disappointing.

Makes sense for everyone for him to move on, he is at an age that he surely wants to playing regularly no matter what level, and we aren't in a position to being paying a wage to an experienced player who struggles to even get on the bench.

Totally agree.

As it is transparent that Cotterill doesn't rate Taylor either then one of this month's rumoured six signings will surely be a front man with Wes Thomas of Bournemouth linked.

With Kilkenny, Shorey, McLaughlin and Harewood gone and O'Connor going, plus probably 2 more to go Cotterill isn't wasting any time in trying to shape the squad in his own image, is he?

Like others have said he was a tryer but not good enough. He did okay for Barnsley last season in the championship though. I thought he weighed in with his fair share of goals? To be fair to the bloke he hasn't had many chances in front of goal, and has a better strike rate than our long term goalscoring hero, ryan taylor.

Totally agree.

As it is transparent that Cotterill doesn't rate Taylor either then one of this month's rumoured six signings will surely be a front man with Wes Thomas of Bournemouth linked.

With Kilkenny, Shorey, McLaughlin and Harewood gone and O'Connor going, plus probably 2 more to go Cotterill isn't wasting any time in trying to shape the squad in his own image, is he?

Funnily enough I have just seen that Mark Cooper has said he is interested in him.

Totally agree.

and he doesn't like Holloway either, so could be a good fit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2245602/Wes-Thomas-gets-revenge-Ian-Holloway.html

What staggered me, was that this signing was ever sanctioned by the club after Jody Morris. Ageing journeyman, albeit with a far healthier and professional outlook, who realistically was not going to feature a great deal.  I am in no way comparing them as men, but as players, both were a waste of a squad place and salary, in my opinion.

Cumbersome at best. Didn't want him, tried to like him but never did anything yo change my initial thoughts. Please file under Bas, Patrick and Stern.....

Nowhere near that bad. Scored from the bench against Brentford after SOD's toothless attack had huffed and puffed for nigh on 80 minutes to zero effect.

We didn't really see him get enough game time to judge IMO. That said, obviously not in Cotterill's plans and not really in SOD's, so you wonder why he was brought here. 

Cumbersome at best. Didn't want him, tried to like him but never did anything yo change my initial thoughts. Please file under Bas, Patrick and Stern.....

I didn't think he was any good but its hard not to like him.

If others with more talent tried as hard as him we'd be better off.

A very liked guy by all accounts, just not very good.

Nowhere near that bad. Scored from the bench against Brentford after SOD's toothless attack had huffed and puffed for nigh on 80 minutes to zero effect.

We didn't really see him get enough game time to judge IMO. That said, obviously not in Cotterill's plans and not really in SOD's, so you wonder why he was brought here.

Yep he ran around a lot.

Yep he ran around a lot.

Other than in the JPT he hardly got any pitch time to prove otherwise. He was only utilised in the dying moments of games when it occurred to Sean that his finely worked out game-plan of playing an unsupported Sam Baldock up front wasn't working. again.

To compare someone who has scored 128 goals, most in the top or second tier, to TOT FC's Basir Savage is just wrong.

I don't think I ever saw enough to make a fair opinion, but saying that I wasn't impressed that we went for him in the first place. He seemed to want to fit in, got the crowd on his side by looking 'up for it' but it soon became clear to him and us he wasn't going to feature.

He feels like a player who we had on loan to act as backup rather than a permanent signing. In a couple of years we will forget he ever played for us if his name comes up in a quiz somewhere. Cotterill feels we can get better value from another player out there, I have to agree with him.

Harewood did nothing particularly wrong for us, just didn't really fit into our plans. It happens. I wish him well in the future.

Totally agree.

Funnily enough I have just seen that Mark Cooper has said he is interested in him.

Who has linked us with Wes Thomas?

He won't be going to Swindon - most likely to another C'ship club I'd of thought.

Would be a decent signing if he came to AG, although reputation is he has a bit of an attitude and doesn't seem to settle well at clubs.

What staggered me, was that this signing was ever sanctioned by the club after Jody Morris. Ageing journeyman, albeit with a far healthier and professional outlook, who realistically was not going to feature a great deal. I am in no way comparing them as men, but as players, both were a waste of a squad place and salary, in my opinion.

unfortunately nothing staggers me with this club any more. Mistake after mistake after mistake....we are a.club who, under this board, never seem to learn from our mistakes.

unfortunately nothing staggers me with this club any more. Mistake after mistake after mistake....we are a.club who, under this board, never seem to learn from our mistakes.

Yes, whatever possessed Steve Lansdown to give millions of pounds to successive managers to waste on players

Yes, whatever possessed Steve Lansdown to give millions of pounds to successive managers to waste on players

oh come on. Lets be brutally honest, the way the Lansdowns have managed the club has been terrible. The Harewood signing should have been questioned....as should others.

I love and admire the Lansdowns, they certainly.put their money where their.mouths are....but when it comes to running a football.club, you, you just got to look at the money they have lost and our league positon to see how capable they are

oh come on. Lets be brutally honest, the way the Lansdowns have managed the club has been terrible. The Harewood signing should have been questioned....as should others.

I love and admire the Lansdowns, they certainly.put their money where their.mouths are....but when it comes to running a football.club, you, you just got to look at the money they have lost and our league positon to see how capable they are

So what's the secret then?  How can you tell who's going to work.  How do you tell, say, Akinde from Adomah, Angyemang from Showumni, Styvar from Maynard?

Some signings work out well.  Others don't.  This applies to most professional footballer managers, with years and years in the game.  So why on earth would the Lansdowns be able to tell which signings are going to be successful?

Whenever anyone is tempted to post anything about bad signings - please remember the following six words

Sir Alex Ferguson signed Ralph Milne

So what's the secret then?  How can you tell who's going to work.  How do you tell, say, Akinde from Adomah, Angyemang from Showumni, Styvar from Maynard?

Some signings work out well.  Others don't.  This applies to most professional footballer managers, with years and years in the game.  So why on earth would the Lansdowns be able to tell which signings are going to be successful?

Whenever anyone is tempted to post anything about bad signings - please remember the following six words

Sir Alex Ferguson signed Ralph Milne

And Roy Carroll

Archived