IGNORED

Myrie - Williams (Merged x2)

trims

I thought he was involved with 20 pence's daughter, don't they have a child together? Apologies to all concerned if this isn't true, but this might explain even more ties to Bristol?

Don't know about the daughter, but the rest is true. He went to school at Whitefield Fishponds School opposite Blackberry Hill Hospital.

I thought he was involved with 20 pence's daughter, don't they have a child together? Apologies to all concerned if this isn't true, but this might explain even more ties to Bristol?

He deffinately was with her. pretty sure they were after he left City, unsure about now though, dont know about having a child.

Always thought he was pretty good in our promotion season. Seemed harsh the way he was bombed out after we went up.

I cant believe the arrogance on this thread considering our situation. Port Vale are a couple of points off the playoffs... We are in the bottom four. It IS a step down for JMW. Wake up and smell e coffee people.

Agreed.

People slagging off Vale fans for suggesting they'd be able to get JET off us (which IS foolish, I agree) need to get some perspective.

Their team has picked up 15 more points than us this season, and got promoted last time out after fending off administration the previous year and still being competitive.  

Over the same period we've been in sharp decline, albeit at a higher level, and compared to them we meekly succumbed to relegation last campaign.

I think we look foolish writing off moving for youngish (25) winger, who scored 11 in 50 last year, has got 8 in 25 this time out, was in the League Two team of the year last season, and has links to the area, something that has always been a problematic factor for us in attracting players, especially this low down the league pyramid.

Not saying he's the best thing since the crustless loaf, but if we're looking at wide-men JMW should be an option.

Agreed.

People slagging off Vale fans for suggesting they'd be able to get JET off us (which IS foolish, I agree) need to get some perspective.

Their team has picked up 15 more points than us this season, and got promoted last time out after fending off administration the previous year and still being competitive.

Over the same period we've been in sharp decline, albeit at a higher level, and compared to them we meekly succumbed to relegation last campaign.

I think we look foolish writing off moving for youngish (25) winger, who scored 11 in 50 last year, has got 8 in 25 this time out, was in the League Two team of the year last season, and has links to the area, something that has always been a problematic factor for us in attracting players, especially this low down the league pyramid.

Not saying he's the best thing since the crustless loaf, but if we're looking at wide-men JMW should be an option.

Is there really such thing as a crustless loaf? I'm intrigued

Probably due to the fact that they don't make pots anymore, given that was the main thing it's understandable, been there, not the worse I have seen by far, need to get out more :yes:

Need to get out more - discover worse places?

Not quite. I normally plan on visiting very nice places, not be unfortunate enough to shit holes. Supporting City has many downfalls.

Not always that simple though. JET being released by Ipswich and having to drop to League 1 doesn't look too clever, but there were mitigating circumstances. This may be the same?

Jet was NOT released. We paid P*sswich a very competent winger to get him.

• Admin

Yep.  Once asked a bloke who worked for Warburtons what was the best thing since sliced bread, and he responded without even thinking "The crustless loaf".  So, now you know.

I've hair as straight as an arrow and I've ALWAYS eaten mine; feel somewhat cheated here...

I'm interested to know what it was BEFORE sliced bread?

Because of the SCMP  (Surname Compliance Maximum Players) rules  we will have to sell one player with a double barrelled surname before we can bring in a new one.

I was working up there a while ago and said exactly that Swede. The Vale fans went right off on one as' according to them' they aren't from Stoke, they're from Burslem! If you ever saw Burslem, you would be totally bewildered. Stoke is a dump but Burslem is an absolute toilet!!

Burslem is like one of those little drab places (no offence) as you travel up into mid wales from Cardiff.

It should be a permanent home for travellers.

Because of the SCMP  (Surname Compliance Maximum Players) rules  we will have to sell one player with a double barrelled surname before we can bring in a new one.

Can't we get round this rule by making some new players, Brendon Cunningham-Moloney and Greg Moloney-Cunningham for example?

Agreed.

Their team has picked up 15 more points than us this season, and got promoted last time out after fending off administration the previous year and still being competitive.  

Over the same period we've been in sharp decline, albeit at a higher level, and compared to them we meekly succumbed to relegation last campaign.

So, because Vale are above us for the first time in years and years, they are better than us? They have a much smaller budget with smaller crowds and a half finished stadium AFAIK.

They are having a good time at the mo, no doubt about that, we are having a bad time so they are above us ATM. Historically, and in the near future (no doubt) we will be back above them. I don't mean any offence to Port Vale, decent club, but JMW is a Bristolian. I am pretty sure, he would rather be with us than with Vale IF any of these rumours have any truth in them as his family are here and we have more chance of sustained success than Vale IMHO.

So, because Vale are above us for the first time in years and years, they are better than us? They have a much smaller budget with smaller crowds and a half finished stadium AFAIK.

They are having a good time at the mo, no doubt about that, we are having a bad time so they are above us ATM. Historically, and in the near future (no doubt) we will be back above them. I don't mean any offence to Port Vale, decent club, but JMW is a Bristolian. I am pretty sure, he would rather be with us than with Vale IF any of these rumours have any truth in them as his family are here and we have more chance of sustained success than Vale IMHO.

See highlighted section; they are 2 points from the play-offs, we are 2 points from safety.  History be damned; we could be in League Two next year and Port Vale in the Championship; if you're an ambitious player, who would you prefer to play for?

And the fact they've a smaller budget, stadium and crowds isn't something we should be 'lording' over them; it's frankly embarrassing that all those things considered we are where we are in comparison, and not something that is likely going to enhance our reputation right now.

THAT SAID I don't think we would be too bad a bet for JMW right now, certainly considering his personal ties to the area and our stated need for wide-men.  I'd be pleased with him coming here, and I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibly at all, that wasn't my point.

My point was more directed towards fans who think we should EXPECT to be the OBVIOUS choice for players, based on our recent history, perceived 'scale' or anything other than what we are right now.  This 'Too Big To Fail' attitude screwed us in the past, and has people taking about crazy unrealistic targets like Russell at Derby and Daly at Rangers; all it leads to is fans loosing their rag when we bring in players.

See highlighted section; they are 2 points from the play-offs, we are 2 points from safety.  History be damned; we could be in League Two next year and Port Vale in the Championship; if you're an ambitious player, who would you prefer to play for?

And the fact they've a smaller budget, stadium and crowds isn't something we should be 'lording' over them; it's frankly embarrassing that all those things considered we are where we are in comparison, and not something that is likely going to enhance our reputation right now.

THAT SAID I don't think we would be too bad a bet for JMW right now, certainly considering his personal ties to the area and our stated need for wide-men.  I'd be pleased with him coming here, and I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibly at all, that wasn't my point.

My point was more directed towards fans who think we should EXPECT to be the OBVIOUS choice for players, based on our recent history, perceived 'scale' or anything other than what we are right now.  This 'Too Big To Fail' attitude screwed us in the past, and has people taking about crazy unrealistic targets like Russell at Derby and Daly at Rangers; all it leads to is fans loosing their rag when we bring in players.

there are a long list of clubs who are too big to fail that end up getting relegated, Man City, leeds and portsmouth all spring to mind

It wasn't until the other day that I noticed how high Vale were in the table, and it surprised me. I thought they were dreadful when we played them a few months ago, and if Baldock could have finished and Flint hadn't played a dodgy backpass we'd have won very comfortably.

according to some were were dreadful and ended up getting pormoted and to a play-off final :)

there are a long list of clubs who are too big to fail that end up getting relegated, Man City, leeds and portsmouth all spring to mind

My point exactly.  

Wolves spent big last year, and look where it got them.

Plus, we are currently in a division where the likes of Sheffield United, Coventry and Bradford, all of whom get regular bigger gates than us and were all in the Premier League in the last 15 years (and all are above us just now), are not even in the play-off places.

And the fact that the likes of Yeovil, Bournemouth and Doncaster are a division above us, regardless of their size or history should temper some people's egos.

My point exactly.  

Wolves spent big last year, and look where it got them.

Plus, we are currently in a division where the likes of Sheffield United, Coventry and Bradford, all of whom get regular bigger gates than us and were all in the Premier League in the last 15 years (and all are above us just now), are not even in the play-off places.

And the fact that the likes of Yeovil, Bournemouth and Doncaster are a division above us, regardless of their size or history should temper some people's egos.

History is history, Bradford Park Avenue were once one of the best teams in the country,

Its not about where you have been its about where you are going, Swansea were never a big club nether were wigan or Reading but all been very sucsessful in recent times, Luton and Oldham  were once a very sucsessful clubs but aren't these days

History is history, Bradford Park Avenue were once one of the best teams in the country,

Its not about where you have been its about where you are going, Swansea were never a big club nether were wigan or Reading but all been very sucsessful in recent times, Luton and Oldham  were once a very sucsessful clubs but aren't these days

Yup, nail on head.

I hope we can become one of those teams who bounce back strong, but when you see the likes of Sheffield Wednesday struggling to keep their place in the Championship, and Wolves sharing the division with us, we need to get smart about expectations.

Archived