IGNORED

Dolman Bar

TomBCFCUK

Yes, but if you're buying a ticket on the day, you're stuck at the ground at 2 pm, without even Wedlocks for a pint :(

To be fair, BS3 is only 60 seconds away.

That said, I see no reason why non season ticket holders shouldn't be able to use the bar pre-match, maybe keep it for season ticket holders at half time as there is a limited window to get refreshments and go to the toilet.

There's a lot of if's there. Given that the real attendances are around 8,000 at the moment and the Dolman is only 1/2 to 2/3 full, I wouldn't have thought that capacity was a problem. Would anybody from the club like to comment?

Not sure what relevance the attendance in the Dolman has to do with it. Any ST holder can use the DEH and we have over 7K of them.

TBF, I don't give a monkey's if they open it up to all, I just can't understand the indignance of non ST holders as to why they can't get in. The Supporters club bar doesn't attract the same complaints and there is no difference in the qualifications for entry as far as I can see.

Yes, but if you're buying a ticket on the day, you're stuck at the ground at 2 pm, without even Wedlocks for a pint  :(

Sorry. I edited my post obviously after your reply. Personally I think the Dolman bar should be open to all. Not sure it would be possible if we had capacity crowds but we don't.

Lots drink in pubs outside the ground, the club should be encouraging these to drink in the bar which would make the club more money. It's not rocket science.

Exactly, I could not give a monkeys really that I can't get a beer in the DEH as I will drink in the packet anyway, I just think it's a daft business decision.

Archived