IGNORED

Where Are The 'knockers Now' ?

DT The Optimist

After the appointment of SC I noted countless anti SC threads and posts, about 'hoof ball' and so on. Just curious to all  who expressed that view on this board (and I will not name you at the moment  :facepalm: ) do you now consider taking that back and chewing on great portions of humble pie !  :thumbsup:

Not a hint of hoof ball, just a team performing as it should have done all season ! Crisp passing and movement. 

I was a person who wasn't happy with his appointment and wanted someone else.

However I support the guy fully and right now, he is proving me completely wrong and I am delighted he is doing so.

The football is thoroughly enjoyable and Cotterill's City are producing the football that O'Driscoll talked about but never produced.

After the appointment of SC I noted countless anti SC threads and posts, about 'hoof ball' and so on. Just curious to all who expressed that view on this board (and I will not name you at the moment :facepalm: ) do you now consider taking that back and chewing on great portions of humble pie ! :thumbsup:

Not a hint of hoof ball, just a team performing as it should have done all season ! Crisp passing and movement.

I'll give it some time. I am not a fan truth be told. But if he proves a success while playing decent football I'll concede my opinion of him was wrong.

I am not sure I have berated him to be honest, probably because I have gone past caring what happens down there anymore.

Good luck SC, hope you can bring some good times back on the pitch.

After the appointment of SC I noted countless anti SC threads and posts, about 'hoof ball' and so on. Just curious to all who expressed that view on this board (and I will not name you at the moment :facepalm: ) do you now consider taking that back and chewing on great portions of humble pie ! :thumbsup:

Genuinely not convinced by the guy, he seems full of hot air. I think he is now going through his honeymoon period, as did O' Driscoll.

Once the honeymoon period is finished I can see us going through a terrible run of defeats, as he did at Forest and we know how much the fans hated him there.

I suppose at the time I was one of those who was surprised at the timing, did not think we were getting any better than SOD and thought he should have been given to Xmas, as results, if not our play, was on a slow upward incline.

In hindsight, have to accept the Board made a brave decision at the time, and early signs are they may have got it right. If nothing else, there is feeling that some of the gloom and doom around the place is starting to be blown away.

Equally, the cynic it me says we will have players wondering who he will bring in, is their place safe, even trying to put themselves in the Jan shop window maybe. We have seen these early results peter out from other managers in the past.

Lots of encorgaing signs. FIngers crossed its the real deal this time.

I was a person who wasn't happy with his appointment and wanted someone else.

However I support the guy fully and right now, he is proving me completely wrong and I am delighted he is doing so.

The football is thoroughly enjoyable and Cotterill's City are producing the football that O'Driscoll talked about but never produced.

Sums me up, I would add that honeymoon period etc etc. However he could be a great thing for us and this club. COYR! Happy to consume as much humble pie as he'll present me

Let's not get carried away.

I wasn't impressed with his appointment. I did say though I would fully back him, give him my full support and genuinely hope he would prove me wrong. So far he's doing that and to be honest I'm absolutely loving it at the moment.

We all know how quickly things can change though. In the mean time he can keep on proving me wrong for all I care. I wanted Del and SOD and was genuinely delighted with both appointment so it shows how little I know!

I will add, he seems to big up certain players, but everytime he speaks about JET it is always negative. I reckon although he is getting picked now, once he get a chance to sign players JET will be demoted to the bench. Unless it is some sort of kidologly to insipre JET to prove him wrong.

When did we have a honeymoon with O'Driscoll?

Genuine question... I really can't remember one.

As for him being full of hot air.. maybe so but the football is decidedly better and I'll personally never forgive SOD for that inept match against Sheff utd..

Anyone who goes on about the long ball should remember that match and compare with the last 3 home matches under cotterill.

I will add, he seems to big up certain players, but everytime he speaks about JET it is always negative. I reckon although he is getting picked now, once he get a chance to sign players JET will be demoted to the bench. Unless it is some sort of kidologly to insipre JET to prove him wrong.

I must admit I have been worried about what he has said about JET. So much so that whenever he loses the ball I find myself looking over the bench to see Cotterill's reaction.

He was a bit more positive about him in his post match interview today though.

If that's the case then sobeit. But I can't see many people not wanting a player with 18 goals at start of Jan and a starter in every game of a 5 game unbeaten run.

• Admin

Or some kidology to tell other managers "yeah, JET's shite, you'd be wasting your time even coming and watching him" ;)

What I have seen him say about JET is -

"We needed him to play a little more central and partner Sam. Sometimes he was wandering down near the touchline and then we end up with Sam on his own marked by two 6 foot giant central defenders which is pointless for us"

Strange. Weren't we as fans trying to say that for near on the whole season??

I must admit I have been worried about what he has said about JET. So much so that whenever he loses the ball I find myself looking over the bench to see Cotterill's reaction.

He was a bit more positive about him in his post match interview today though.

Bit of a double negative today. Didn't praise his goal, complained about him giving the ball away, said he had good feet and admitted he did track back a couple of times. I just don't hear him talking about other players like this.. imo he is setting us up to deal with him moving on. I hope I'm wrong.

True but I really can't see it happening.

I can see JET going through a sale but not a drop to the bench.

Then again, I never thought I'd see Fontaine in a City shirt ever again.

trouble is I think JET is at his best when left to roam. Will SC be willing to let him keep doing that going forward? I hope so, as his movement when utilised can open up huge gaps for others to move into.

After the appointment of SC I noted countless anti SC threads and posts, about 'hoof ball' and so on. Just curious to all  who expressed that view on this board (and I will not name you at the moment  :facepalm: ) do you now consider taking that back and chewing on great portions of humble pie !  :thumbsup:

Why the constant need by some on here to point score? Did you post your support of SC at the time or were you hiding in your hole?

trouble is I think JET is at his best when left to roam. Will SC be willing to let him keep doing that going forward? I hope so, as his movement when utilised can open up huge gaps for others to move into.

As has been evident all season the best thing for JET is not necessarily the best thing for the team. When they coincide we get some fantasic play. When they dont we get a completely disjointed attack. SC needs to be careful in trying to make JET more intergrated that he doesn't aleinate him or dampen his flair.

I don't think we'd have seen JET score two poachers goals under SOD, and overall we are looking better.

Archived