IGNORED

Youtube

Sydneybcfc

With all the goals from every game being on our official YouTube these days i'm just wondering why the viewing figures are so low?

Do fans not know about this service which started this season? It seems like Adam only advertises it through our official twitter which i guess many of the oldies haven't quite cottoned on to yet.

Average views for the videos seem to be from about 1k to 4k for the Stevenage game. Seeing as we get at least 10k for most games id have thought more people who went to the game would like to watch back the goals added to all the exiles like myself. I find it a total blessing after years of not being even able to see the goals unless i paid for player or hoped someone illegally uploaded the FL highlight show each week.

I know Adam alluded to the fact already it is way more than player which id guess only amount to hundreds so i can only see the more views the free stuff gets, the more money the club can make through advertising (the way youtube works) and the more chance they ditch player (currently not their choice) and post full highlights online.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_5VYwAoOvaL4lyGkwoboQ

They are too short and badly edited .They are being used as bait to sell " Player" and it shows.

Better than nothing ..just about .

Agreed they are short but i believe the club has no say in the matter, part of being in the FL means we have to use their great website templates from some official web partner and the same goes for highlights. Its the sad fact that if we want any cash the FL owns all our highlights so are locked into player.

From the way Adam talked earlier when they provided the full free highlights was that they would rather use youtube for everything but its not their decision to make. However watching our channel will provide revenue direct to our club bypassing the FL and eventually even may give clubs the leverage to change the way the content is locked up by proving its worth more revenue via an advertising model.

Ditch player!

Then how would fans who are unable to attend matches listen to live content?

The video quality on player is terrible (even on high setting), but for some of us it's our only way of ensuring we can listen to the match.

With out player ,i assume we'd have an other platform to watch and interact with the club .

I take it we're contracted to the truly awful Player by a contract with the FL?

I'm pretty sure that's the deal along with the website template etc, i think the only ones exempt are Premier league and teams that have just got relegated from the prem. At least until their payments run out.

They are too short and badly edited .They are being used as bait to sell " Player" and it shows.

Better than nothing ..just about .

They are short but sometimes I only want to see the goals.

It's clearly not bait to sell player other they wouldn't do it for each game, I for one love it as I can't make every match.

Some people these days expect a bloody Hollywood production for free!

It's a shame we don't have highlights neatly packaged on the BBC website any more.

I think for a while you could get all the highlights on Skysports and Virgin Media websites? Sadly being overseas it was all location blocked so i could never watch it outside the UK which is why i like the youtube version.

Still amazes me that out of the 10k+ that go to the game only 1k want to see the goals again the following day.

Maybe everyone has sky these days or is happy to watch them on west match plus or whatever the current alternative is on the tellybox!

I think for a while you could get all the highlights on Skysports and Virgin Media websites? Sadly being overseas it was all location blocked so i could never watch it outside the UK which is why i like the youtube version.

Still amazes me that out of the 10k+ that go to the game only 1k want to see the goals again the following day.

Maybe everyone has sky these days or is happy to watch them on west match plus or whatever the current alternative is on the tellybox!

Or bored of seeing players walk through our team and score that teams 6th, Once is enough ;) And as you stated, When we win those figures rise :D

Archived