IGNORED

Ssports1 Right Now :)

djb6162

Couldnt be at that game. I was at university in Brighton at the time and I had an exam the next day. I was watching it in a pub.. Most people (Brighton fans) were cheering for Hartlepool as they were convinced theyd stand little chance against us in the final. I wasnt the most popular person celebrating our two goals like an idiot but they wished me well all the same!

Sadly I cant recall that game without also remembering the utter heartbreak that followed 2 weeks later. For me that stops it from being a true great city moment.

• Admin

I also seemed to remember a Hartlepool player swallowed his tounge on the night?? Which was why there was 6 mins added on

They also lost two of their defensive line and had a centre forward at right back.

Heard Hartlepool bemoaning the fact how comfortable it was for Roberts to cut inside due to this.

Still amazed the Freezer's header went in from there

Palace or Hartlepool, which was the better game?  Difficult to say.  For me Christian Roberts goal was probably the greatest moment I've seen at Ashton Gate, but overall the Palace game was probably more enjoyable game because we were never behind in the tie....the Hartlepool game was actually a pretty miserable experience until the end!

Archived