IGNORED

Here's A Long Shot......

Tall King Blox

If the Gloucester Senior Professional Cup is going to start a again I'd say it's a cert. If not, then there's as much chance of this happening as there is of Aizoon's hedgehog becoming an astronaut.

In many ways it would be great for us to beat Watford and the Gas to beat Brum, so going into round 5, we have Man City and they have Swansea. Then imagine if we both pulled huge shocks in round 5, knowing we are going into round 5, with only 16 in the hat. Imagine a Bristol derby, meaning Bristol City would be in the Quarter Finals of the FA cup and within 90 minutes of going to Wembley.

I know it's majorly unlikely but we can dream. I personally think if we beat Watford and Man City beat Blackburn that we wouldn't be forlorn hopes against Man City as there is no way they would play their first team and I doubt the likes of Toure, David Silva, Negredo or Dzeko will see the pitch, and at best will be on the bench. But whilst we will know their youth or 2nd team should still consist of players good enough, we could always try and get a lead against the B team, before they are forced to bring on the stars in the 2nd half and we can just park the bus.

Okay maybe it's time to wake up.

To be honest I would rather see us get smashed 5 or 6 nil against their first team then maybe fluke a 1-0 win or a 1 or 2-0 loss against their reserves. This is because, if we beat them say 1-0 and they only play their youth team or reserves, people will never give us the credit of beating them. At least the year we knocked out Liverpool, we knocked out Liverpools first team with all their stars in it, The days of big clubs fielding their first team against lower league opposition seems to have all but disappeared, which is disappointing for the smaller teams, as they are denied the opportunity of seeing their team against the stars from the clubs, which to be honest is all the fans and players really want when drawing a big team in the cup. No one really wants to see the smaller team only up against the reserves or youth team.

Archived