IGNORED

12.9 Million Loss.

Desso

They do have a right too, as some rightly state, the debt should of never got to that sort of level in the first place,

It will be intresting to see the accounts next season when the full scale of our debt reduction and cost cutting will become evident

Yes the money was wasted but it was SL's money that was going in and he continues to fund the club, hasn't asked for it back and doesn't look like he is going to.  I look at as we had a great ride up to the brink of the premiership and whilst back where we started we haven't, as many clubs in that position, lost our ground or sold out to some lunatic foreign owner who might make us play in blue.

So despite the horrendous headline figures we are, as noted in the Going Concern note, financially secure because of SL's continued backing.

Compare this with the Rovers, who despite making losses of the level we can only dream of (less than a million - luxury!) are even talking about administration.  And yes I know they're not really and it's just another lever to try to get a new stadium.

Yes the money was wasted but it was SL's money that was going in and he continues to fund the club, hasn't asked for it back and doesn't look like he is going to.  I look at as we had a great ride up to the brink of the Premier League and whilst back where we started we haven't, as many clubs in that position, lost our ground or sold out to some lunatic foreign owner who might make us play in blue.

So despite the horrendous headline figures we are, as noted in the Going Concern note, financially secure because of SL's continued backing.

Compare this with the Rovers, who despite making losses of the level we can only dream of (less than a million - luxury!) are even talking about administration.  And yes I know they're not really and it's just another lever to try to get a new stadium.

it doesn't harm anyone to debate things but at the end of the day its how he leaves the club is how he will be remembered,

if he leaves like Risdale left leeds people would be wanting blood,

However if he leaves us on a sound footing higher then where he found us then it would be a sucsess,

for all the things he's done wrong there are many things finally being done right that he gets little to no credit for,

We are going to have a new/re-built  ground, ground ownership is a issue for some for me it isn't its what most clubs do incase of administraition it leaves the ground safe and it can't be sold off,

we have a better youth set up and its finally being used

we have better training facilities and they continue to be used,

all those things are in the pro column when it comes to SL, if he can get us back to the championship while cutting costs then alot of the moans about him will disapear again, we never saw many of those on our way to the play-off final or when we won promotion,

If he is guilty of anything then its letting his heart rule his head imo

They do have a right too, as some rightly state, the debt should of never got to that sort of level in the first place,

It will be intresting to see the accounts next season when the full scale of our debt reduction and cost cutting will become evident

It was HIS money to lose in the pursuit of OUR dreams of success. Unfortunately it didn't work out as hoped but SL has sulked, thrown his toys out the pram and left us in trouble, he wiped the majority of the debt and pledged more investment when we need it.

Without SL we would be no better than rovers!

It was HIS money to lose in the pursuit of OUR dreams of success. Unfortunately it didn't work out as hoped but SL has sulked, thrown his toys out the pram and left us in trouble, he wiped the majority of the debt and pledged more investment when we need it.

Without SL we would be no better than rovers!

Well, we wouldn't be Rovers. Which, I think, must make us better than them :).

Yes 35mill is amazing and were are all very grateful but why would he not remove the extra 20mill debt also? Probably a drop in the ocean to him. Surely that would then make our club profit making rather than have a debt label against them? Just asking the question. Pardon my ignorance if what I say is absurd

Yes 35mill is amazing and were are all very grateful but why would he not remove the extra 20mill debt also? Probably a drop in the ocean to him. Surely that would then make our club profit making rather than have a debt label against them? Just asking the question. Pardon my ignorance if what I say is absurd

You pay tax on profits, not losses.

Archived