IGNORED

Under 18S Tonight

Ian M

Anyone else thinking they might pop along to the FA Youth Cup match against Brentford tonight? Kick off is 7pm I think.

Fri, Jan 10th - Brentford (H - Ashton Gate) 7pm FAYCR3

Didnt even know it was on, do ST holders still get in for free ?

Anyone else thinking they might pop along to the FA Youth Cup match against Brentford tonight? Kick off is 7pm I think.

Didn't know about it - I've always liked the F.A. Youth Cup so may pop along.

Confusing article on the Official site - says the game's tonight, but further down says it's rescheduled for next week.

Guess it's a rehashed article and they didn't read it through and edit that bit out.

Morrel (10) was probably outstanding player on the pitch, but I hear people talk about him being given a chance in the first team, I have to say he is still a boy, just doesn't look physical enough at the moment.

Brentford had a couple of quality players, their No 9 Senior was excellent, also tall lad in midfield, No 4.

We played good football, shifted the ball quickly, I thought it was impressive and bauds well for the future.

• Admin

Morrel (10) was probably outstanding player on the pitch, but I hear people talk about him being given a chance in the first team, I have to say he is still a boy, just doesn't look physical enough at the moment.

Brentford had a couple of quality players, their No 9 Senior was excellent, also tall lad in midfield, No 4.

We played good football, shifted the ball quickly, I thought it was impressive and bauds well for the future.

From that viewing I think we have a pretty solid team that maybe just lacks a standout talent up front that will prevent us from harming the top teams left in the competition. Still, Accrington Stanley in the next round gives us a decent chance of progressing to the final 16.. 

From that viewing I think we have a pretty solid team that maybe just lacks a standout talent up front that will prevent us from harming the top teams left in the competition.

Yep, can only think the lad up front - Bishop? - was having a bit of an off day, caught offside alot and didn't appear confident - the sub, Mattiss, impressed more with some brawny pace in the last 20 minutes.

A few slick passing moves from City but sometimes a reluctance to shoot when the opportunity arose, preferring instead an extra pass and the chance was lost.

The keeper OLeary looked solid, as did the centre backs Batten and Vyney and we had several busy little players in midfield (who looked miles away physically from first team football) with no one really outstanding.

Quite an enjoyable game which the City lads did well to win against a Brentford team who looked their equals on the night.

Went along to nite enjoyed it thought our no.10 Morrell looked good also our no.8 fry ? I think

keeper can't remember name but held ball well few times and was always telling defenders what he wanted.city put some good balls into box and goal was taken well from a great cross in.like other posts there no.4 and no.9 I thought looked good

Having taken a look at the FA Youth Cup 

If we beat Acrington on the 25th we will end up with one of these fixtures in the 5th round:

Home to Arsenal

or

Away to either Reading or Crewe

or 

home to Liverpool or Villa

Prospect of some good ties there

COYR

• Admin

FA Youth Cup - 5th Round draw

1. Oxford Utd/Cardiff C      Vs  Chelsea/Sheff Weds

2. Millwall/Sheff Ytd            Vs  Everton/Birmingham

3. Southampton/Charlton   Vs  Arsenal