IGNORED

Tinman Too Close To The Players?

elko

Firstly let me say I'm very glad that Mr. Wilson is gone, just wish he had gone of his own accord.

Tinnion I think could be a great manager, but my worry is that he may be too close to the players to make some of the decisions needed. For example, when he comes to Mickey Bell's contract, I fear he may be too friendly with him to make the tough choices over players careers who he is good mates with. On the plus side, he probably has a good knowledge of players ability having played with them for so long.

Guest Cityfarbs

Danny Wilson was criticised by the fans for being too nice, isn't that the case with Tins? He's been at the club for 11 years, he is looked on with respect by the fans and the players alike. The players will look up to him like a father figure, the problem i see is like most fathers they can be too soft on their children at times. Prove me wrong Brian, PLEEEEEEEESE prove me wrong.

Guest Adjuster

Christ, The poor bloke hasn't even started work and you guys are on his back.

Have you never made the transition from operative to supervisor, manager.

The reason you get promoted to more senior roles is to develop and you only get the opportunities after you have demonstrated decent signs of ability to make those transitions.

Yes, He knows he has to make some difficult decisions - he's not a teenager

Now Get off his back !! and show him some support

Guest Cityfarbs

I agree with the thinking that Tins should be given a chance. It wouldn't matter who was given the position of manager, there will always be negative and positive thinking because fear of the unknown will always give cause for doubts to arise. And yes you do have to start somewhere. I will back Brian to the full but like any supporter with passion at any club, you want results. So it's not a case of being on his back, it's a case of nervousness of an unknown and untested quantity.

Was kind of hoping that he woudn't get the jobn even though I new he would but I have no complaints (if that makes sense). Just worried that he doesn't take the right approach towards the players, he has to be equal about it all and not pick players because he was once friends with them. I wish hom the best of luck and have faith in Lansdown for appointing tinnion.

Guest Adjuster
I agree with the thinking that Tins should be given a chance. It wouldn't matter who was given the position of manager, there will always be negative and positive thinking because fear of the unknown will always give cause for doubts to arise. And yes you do have to start somewhere. I will back Brian to the full but like any supporter with passion at any club, you want results. So it's not a case of being on his back, it's a case of nervousness of an unknown and untested quantity.
Don't you think Tinman will be nervous too?

This is a new era for the club with the prospect of a TRUE RED managing the team.

I don't expect miracles overnight, the guy has to learn his trade. Let him have two decent honeymoon periods and judge him in three years time.

Archived