IGNORED

Transferring Vhs Tapes To Dvd

Calculus

You can buy vhs to dvd converters but they can be hit and miss with the software. Personally unless they are your own personal recordings I would bin them, it's harsh but think of all the time you would need to transfer just 20.

Older films are very cheap to buy on dvd now anyway, even better if you have a Netflix or Love film account as you can record them (if you wish to break the law).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Video-2-PC-Capture-Windows-Camcorder-Transfer/dp/B0049BE3TA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Have got loads of old VHS tapes. Can't believe they have any value and think just chucking them would be a waste. Anybody out there transferred VHS content to DVD and if so, how? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks all.....

Its not economical, most old DVDs are about 3-5 quid to buy new at better quality, if you want to convert then you need to do it on mass to be viable.

Have got loads of old VHS tapes. Can't believe they have any value and think just chucking them would be a waste. Anybody out there transferred VHS content to DVD and if so, how? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks all.....

There is a shop on North Street that can do it:  a camera shop, with loads of 2nd hand stuff in the windows.  Can't recall the name, but it is somewhere between Hen and Chicken and Tobacco Factory, on same side of the road.  I used them to convert some old VHS music video tapes I had compiled in my youth.

Archived