IGNORED

Done To Death I Know, But Cardiff....

BS4 on Tour...

....amazing show of support for Malky at Anfield, but just more empty words?

'Don't sack Mackay, Malky Mackay, I just don't think you understand

If you sack Mackay, Malky Mackay, you'll have a riot on your hands'

Really?? A riot?? Or did they just meekly accept Solksjaer as with all the other changes?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j8dZT5Bpb0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The point OP is making is that cardiff seem to be all mouth but when it comes, they just take it. Nothing to do with petty rivalry. Just pointing out that theres not much back bone there.

We can all talk the talk until it actually happens. We all think we would behave differently but you won't find out until you are put in that position. Just saying some of smuggness (and I may have posted similar in the past) on here is wearing a bit thin IMHO.

• Admin

We can all talk the talk until it actually happens. We all think we would behave differently but you won't find out until you are put in that position. Just saying some of smuggness (and I may have posted similar in the past) on here is wearing a bit thin IMHO.

I'm with you on that, no doubt if SL sold up to a dodgy sheik or other billionaire, who changed our shirt colour and name, there would be an outcry from the hardcore faithful, but if we got to the prem, AG (or AV) would be full of jester hat wearing 'fans', regardless of the damage done to the clubs soul and history.

If SL himself said we were changing shirt colour next year, what realistically, apart from boycott games, could any of us do.

I'm with you on that, no doubt if SL sold up to a dodgy sheik or other billionaire, who changed our shirt colour and name, there would be an outcry from the hardcore faithful, but if we got to the prem, AG (or AV) would be full of jester hat wearing 'fans', regardless of the damage done to the clubs soul and history.

If SL himself said we were changing shirt colour next year, what realistically, apart from boycott games, could any of us do.

Well you can't stop it I agree, but you can stop going to the games completely. Perhaps it's just me because I can be a stubborn bugger, but, if what happened at Cardiff happened here you wouldn't see me turning up. When you turn up you agree to the changes as far as I'm concerned.

There is no reluctant reds shite, if you turn up and pay your money you become part of the problem, Tan looks out at a full house every fortnight, that says to him, I can do what I like they still come.

Not for me, but I would still expect many new fans to take my place if it happened here.

Yeah i see what your saying. But they really havnt put up much of a fight. There wasnt even the old school angry mob gatherring outside the directors entrance post match. Have they actually given up and are now letting tan do whatever he wants?

The TV money is almost nothing at this level, and no one would sponsor city as no one would see the advert if the ground was bare. At this level, no one going is a big deal

Like people have said, them turning up in their thousands every week tells VT that what he's doing doesn't matter, people will still turn up.

All they're doing is gettin the sympathy vote now their in the public eye every week by putting on shows like that.

On a slightly related note, if I see/hear another plastic Man United fan whose been to 1/2 games at most in his lifetime say that Cardiff are now his second team because Ole ****** Solksjaer I will slap then round the face with a wet fish!! They are sell outs and epitomise everything wrong with the modern game... On second thoughts I guess they are the perfect 2nd team for a plastic

A minority of Fans wanted a game against Willem, I say a minority the others couldn't care less, That minority seemed to have persuaded the club to try and organise it

We wanted the Eastend re opened again not many but we pushed it over the line

We wanted a choice in our kit, Next years kit has been designed by a fan I believe

Nothing really big has happened but small groups have changed a lot with Fan power

The Malaysian Lego boys have forgiven Tan on so many occasions just for a Day out in the Prem

It's hard when they're in the PL, so many plastic fans wearing the red home kit would give a monkey's about any of this. It would be a different story if they were in the championship where core supporters are the heart beat of the club due to lack of financial gain in TV & potential markets due to world coverage of the PL .

I myself,along with probably a few thousand others,would run on the pitch and sit in the centre circle after 5 mins of the first game.

I really don't understand why Cardiff didn't do this,they won't arrest 5,000 people!

• Admin

I myself,along with probably a few thousand others,would run on the pitch and sit in the centre circle after 5 mins of the first game.

I really don't understand why Cardiff didn't do this,they won't arrest 5,000 people!

A few hundred maybe, a few thousand....... I wouldn't be so sure.

The point OP is making is that cardiff seem to be all mouth but when it comes, they just take it. Nothing to do with petty rivalry. Just pointing out that theres not much back bone there.

Precisely. Zero sympathy with Cardiff, they lapped it up and now are seeing the other side of the coin. Personally I'd at least rather our club stayed true to our history and not sell out for a fast track ticket. Plenty of other clubs have managed to get to the promised land without selling their souls, and if and when it should happen to us, I'd like it to be done right.

Compare it to Coventry where there is a proper boycott (I appreciate the circumstances are slightly different though).

Fair play to Cov. I wondered if a few might start drifting back but they're sticking to their guns and had 2128 yesterday.

BTW - was wondering how Northampton can be doing so badly when they must be coining it from the Coventry money.

I'd love football fans to organise a united boycott, to bring the rediculous players wages down for starters, but it won't happen.

There was a quote in the Hobbit about evil being defeated by every day folk performing humble acts.

The only sympathy I have for fka Cardiff supporters is for the ones that don't go anymore.

Think the day City were to go the same way, City would be dead to me.

We may not have been the best of friends when you were alive and I'd never thought I'd say this but RIP Cardiff City FC.

[exits to a violin instrumental]

I've said this previously on other threads - I can honestly say I wouldn't go if the same thing happened to our club.  I understand that the 'plastic' fans will go regardless, but where are the small loyal band of lifelong supporters who refuse to support the destruction of their club as they know it?  They are nowhere to be seen, and that I just cannot understand.

I know a number of Cardiff fans because my wife is from there - and from the unscientific research based on my facebook newsfeed, their attitude in recent weeks has been ambivalence, brief annoyance when Malky was sacked, and now ambivalence again.  I've even asked them 'what happened to the riot?' and some now even claim it was the right decision to sack Malky!

I get really annoyed when the media talks about 'how badly the fans have been treated' and 'the magnificent support' at Cardiff.  No - they have stood by and done nothing while a dictator has dismantled their club.  No sympathy here.

and, listening to the gruntled fans singing, Agent Tan hitched his trousers up even further and replied over the Tannoy (a device for Tan to annoy people)

"Am I bovvered?

Nah!

You meekly accepted a lego buiilding for a stadium, you wear red shirts and whether you like it or not.....you are Cardiff Dragons.

Like lambs led to slaughter.

Riot? What riot? All mouth, no action. Same old, same old.

Now roll over and let me complete my master plan to destroy your club."

I wonder what all the plastics will do next season IF the Dragons leave the sky league as their position suggests they might?

Back to supporting Man U / Liverpool / Chelsea / Man City from their armchairs?

No sympathy from me, stuff them!

I wonder what all the plastics will do next season IF the Dragons leave the sky league as their position suggests they might?

Back to supporting Man U / Liverpool / Chelsea / Man City from their armchairs?

No sympathy from me, stuff them!

They leave, Tan walks and buys Rovers a cracking new stadium, 20,000 only 2 catches

1. They have to play in Pink Blue and Yellow as it's the colours of the Malaysian dragonfly

2. They have to move to Malaysia because the JR is still going on, Just like ours :crying:

They leave, Tan walks and buys Rovers a cracking new stadium, 20,000 only 2 catches

1. They have to play in Pink Blue and Yellow as it's the colours of the Malaysian dragonfly

2. They have to move to Malaysia because the JR is still going on, Just like ours :crying:

That's a win win situation then! Kuala Lumpur r**ers, can win the Malaysian premier league for all I care.

Archived