IGNORED

New Players-And Cotts Attempts To Get Them Through The Door. And/or, In The Window

Sorry, I've been off-message for a while, but I see from reading around that Cotts is "pursuing" new signings and looking to get yet another "in the window" but he has admitted that "getting them in the door is another thing altogether."

Now, I may be an old timer now and not up-to-speed with how things are done in football these days, but surely to God we can manage this? I'll say this for SOD, he managed to get two big buggers, JET and Flinty in through the door, if not the window, admittedly.

I guess those that feared Cotts might adopt a no-nonsense, direct hoofball approach might well be proved right if we're struggling to get these boys in the door. Dear god, these buggers will eat us out of house and home. Let's kick some Wolves arse! And those mincy Mk Donts. If we do get them through the door, watch them kick the bloody thing out the ground! Whooooosh!

I must say, this has all got me completely befuzzled.

Have we not also had problems getting players OUT the bloody door as well? Even that pint-sized Aussie pipsqueak Neil wassisname? What the dickens is going on down there these days? No wonder we've gone downhill over the last few years - this never happened when I was running the place.

I'm just waiting now for some idiot to say we're trying to get more players out in the window. Ffs. Sort it out Lansdown. Yes, YOU, over there in Guernsey. We know you're reading this....

Thank you to the above for furthering the discussion. Excellent. I have to say, though, this door/ window thing has kept me awake overnight. And one thing came to me that I would like to share with you: while Cotts, Steve, Jon, Burt and Ernie, the lot of them, continue to struggle with getting new players "in the window" and/or "in through the door" is it any wonder we have yet to sign one proper, bloody wide-man?

Thank you to the above for furthering the discussion. Excellent. I have to say, though, this door/ window thing has kept me awake overnight. And one thing came to me that I would like to share with you: while Cotts, Steve, Jon, Burt and Ernie, the lot of them, continue to struggle with getting new players "in the window" and/or "in through the door" is it any wonder we have yet to sign one proper, bloody wide-man?

You forgot about the side door.

As long as they don't start coming in through the roof window I think we'll be okay.

You forgot about the side door.

As long as they don't start coming in through the roof window I think we'll be okay.

Thank you, Kingswood Robin. The side door, of course. And let's not have any flimsy nonsense here about, which side, ours or theirs? Ha bloody ha. A nice sideways look at things from Kingswood there. Smashing

Thinking some more about the challenges facing those charged with bringing some more big, brawny, hard bastards into the club, it is worth remembering that it is said that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a proper, out-and-out wide-man to enter the Kingdom of SOD. Now, I don't want to take the discussion here back to the SOD/ Cotts (yawn/ bore off) debate, but old Sean didn't bring any real width through the door/ window, or any camels even. Just a couple of donkeys, though, to give him his due (smaller than camels, admittedly).

We did have trouble getting Geoff Twentyman through the door, back in the day, now I come to think of it. Got wedged with that fat backside of his, bless him. It took Big John Cox pushing from behind, and Buster Footman (plus liberal application of some of Buster's Vaseline) pulling, tug-of-war style, to get him through to the changing room. Why did we go to all the trouble, you ask? We wanted him on the park, we thought we could hardly fail to score against someone slow, cumbersome and overweight, someone like Geoff. How could we? How wrong we were (after 87)

Sorry, I've been off-message for a while, but I see from reading around that Cotts is "pursuing" new signings and looking to get yet another "in the window" but he has admitted that "getting them in the door is another thing altogether."

Now, I may be an old timer now and not up-to-speed with how things are done in football these days, but surely to God we can manage this? I'll say this for SOD, he managed to get two big buggers, JET and Flinty in through the door, if not the window, admittedly.

I guess those that feared Cotts might adopt a no-nonsense, direct hoofball approach might well be proved right if we're struggling to get these boys in the door. Dear god, these buggers will eat us out of house and home. Let's kick some Wolves arse! And those mincy Mk Donts. If we do get them through the door, watch them kick the bloody thing out the ground! Whooooosh!

He certainly sounds a lot more business minded as well as a football manager in the game, football agents can be pretty ruthless on the table from what i've read. It's also about time we brought some 'no nonsense' bad boys into the club. Not Nile Ranger bad, but zero tolerant type attitudes towards the game.

Archived