IGNORED

Inside Info Guys

swindon fan

Honest question - who would you consider your major rivals ? I see Swindon fans slagging off the city every week on social media etc but none of the city fans I know actually care about how Swindon get on. I always thought it was oxford ?

It's always has been and always will be Oxford.

I'm a bit too old for all this social media stuff so don't know what goes on there - I would imagine its the wannabes.

Bit different for me as I was born and brought up in Chippenham so for me it could have been either Bristol or Swindon distance wise.

Although Chippenham is a mostly Swindon town.

Really enjoyed the game earlier at ours - and not just for the result - it was a cracking, old fashioned sort of game with 2 dreadful defences.

Surprised you are where you are, TBH

I'm a bit too old for all this social media stuff so don't know what goes on there - I would imagine its the wannabes.

Bit different for me as I was born and brought up in Chippenham so for me it could have been either Bristol or Swindon distance wise.

Although Chippenham is a mostly Swindon town.

Really enjoyed the game earlier at ours - and not just for the result - it was a cracking, old fashioned sort of game with 2 dreadful defences.

Well I have to say, Flint has been solid at the back since Coterill came in, but still never worth 300k

I'm a bit too old for what goes on - I would imagine in Chippenham Bristol or Swindon. Chippenham is a Swindon town.

Really enjoyed our - and not just for the result - crack old fashioned sort .

Lovely of you to join us, old chap. Do come back and chat with us anytime. Love to have you here again.

Played 8? Won 3, drawn 3 and lost 2. Exactly the same as SOD's last 8 games...

You missed the last, very important bit, of Cider red's comment, 'the performances are more positive'.

I could add the atmosphere around the club is more positive, the players are more positive, the fans are more positive, the manager is certainly more positive.

From the utter despair generated by the most depressing individual I can ever remember being associated with the club we now have a manager and players who we can be confident will fight tooth and nail to prevent a repeat of the disgraceful capitulation overseen by the completely lacklustre SO'D last season.

Is our form picking up, as per the OP's original question? We've got a hellish run of away games coming up but whatever happens in the next month we now have reason for some optimism where before there was none, and there's little doubt that by the end of the season we'll have amassed more points than we would have done under the uninspirational and gloom laden O'Driscoll.

But SOD's record, at the Gate and beyond, gave no reason for us to believe it can or will be sustained.

I'd rather lose trying to win than lose trying to avoid defeat. For that reason thank the Lord SOD has gone. I'm no SC lover: indeed I was flabbergasted and despondent he got the contract he did... I still am. But I'm much happier with what I'm seeing and incredibly more satisfied with what I have seen.

If we go down, if we fail, at least we will fail thus far at least trying. That is something SOD never offered, when he arrived or towards the end of his tenure.

You missed the last, very important bit, of Cider red's comment, 'the performances are more positive'.

I could add the atmosphere around the club is more positive, the players are more positive, the fans are more positive, the manager is certainly more positive.

I think that is a fair point and I do agree.

But SOD's record, at the Gate and beyond, gave no reason for us to believe it can or will be sustained.

I'd rather lose trying to win than lose trying to avoid defeat. For that reason thank the Lord SOD has gone. I'm no SC lover: indeed I was flabbergasted and despondent he got the contract he did... I still am. But I'm much happier with what I'm seeing and incredibly more satisfied with what I have seen.

If we go down, if we fail, at least we will fail thus far at least trying. That is something SOD never offered, when he arrived or towards the end of his tenure.

Personally I think it would have been sustained especially after the Leyton Orient performance.

I do think the performances have been more positive so far though. But I don't agree that SOD never tried - have a look at his start - 5 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats. OK he did poorly after that until that 8 game run I mentioned but I don't think he was ever not trying.

Two of those games were against Championship sides though.

Despite some on here trying to put a negative spin on everything, in the league we've won our last two at home and drew our last two away.

I'll be waiting a very long time for a comeback as to when O'Driscoll managed that...

Archived