IGNORED

Dave Richards

GrahamC

I was going to post this in the Fielding thread but thought it might get missed.

Does anyone know the latest with this lad?

Last I read was that O'Driscoll took him on loan from Cardiff with a permanent deal then likely in January.

Since then we have heard nothing, personally I'm unsure that a third keeper on the books who has no league experience is what we really need at a time when neither senior keeper has entirely convinced.

Wonder if SC thinks the same?

I was going to post this in the Fielding thread but thought it might get missed.

Does anyone know the latest with this lad?

Last I read was that O'Driscoll took him on loan from Cardiff with a permanent deal then likely in January.

Since then we have heard nothing, personally I'm unsure that a third keeper on the books who has no league experience is what we really need at a time when neither senior keeper has entirely convinced.

Wonder if SC thinks the same?

Does seem an odd one, especially as SOD didn't sign Kelle Roos as he couldn't financially justify having 3 GK's on the books.

Does seem an odd one, especially as SOD didn't sign Kelle Roos as he couldn't financially justify having 3 GK's on the books.

SOD said he wanted to sign both but couldn't justify having 3 senior keepers all wanting the number 1 squad. Parish was cheaper and had experience of sitting on the bench at Cardiff. Dave Richards was signed for the development squad and we didn't sign Roos as he was too good for the development squad i'd imagine.

We couldn't justify 3 senior keepers but can have 2 seniors and 1 development.

In hindsight maybe we should of pushed the boat out and signed him seeing as he's on trial at Liverpool!!

Don't think Roos was under-21 and I'm guessing more expensive than Richards. The point being, we couldn't afford to have three keepers on the books when 2 of them wouldn't be playing. Richards is more of a 'development' player whereas Roos would have been an out and out first team player. SOD decided to go for Parish purely on experience.

SOD said he wanted to sign both but couldn't justify having 3 senior keepers all wanting the number 1 squad. Parish was cheaper and had experience of sitting on the bench at Cardiff. Dave Richards was signed for the development squad and we didn't sign Roos as he was too good for the development squad i'd imagine.

We couldn't justify 3 senior keepers but can have 2 seniors and 1 development.

In hindsight maybe we should of pushed the boat out and signed him seeing as he's on trial at Liverpool!!

Sorry, just seen this. Spot on.

You say we could have pushed the boat out but isn't that the point of trying to be financially prudent now, we've got to be sensible? It's a shame we don't have Roos seeing as he's doing so well but you could argue SOD made the right call in going for Parish. His reasoning was that Parish was more experienced and has been a number two before and could therefore step in immediately when needed. As it turned out, Fielding had a terrible start to the season and Parish very quickly became number one. The question is, Roos has done well in non league, but would he have been ready to be a starter in league 1? Who knows?

Sorry, just seen this. Spot on.

You say we could have pushed the boat out but isn't that the point of trying to be financially prudent now, we've got to be sensible? It's a shame we don't have Roos seeing as he's doing so well but you could argue SOD made the right call in going for Parish. His reasoning was that Parish was more experienced and has been a number two before and could therefore step in immediately when needed. As it turned out, Fielding had a terrible start to the season and Parish very quickly became number one. The question is, Roos has done well in non league, but would he have been ready to be a starter in league 1? Who knows?

Oh yeah we need to be sensible and only spend what we can, but if a player is good enough perhaps we should of recognised that Roos could of been better long term than Parish but I think Sod went for Parish as he was experienced and prepared to sit on the bench as I can't imagine SOD would of thought FF would of made such a bad start, if he did maybe he would of singed Roos. As you say, who knows but i'm quite happy with how Parish is doing at the moment :)

Archived